Im Getting an Interface...

scottfisher

Hey everyone. Im planning on getting a recording interface this year, and I will need to record up to 2 (or 4, if possible) at the same time to different tracks in Adobe Audition. I was pointed over to PreSonus, and I found two systems that interest me.

http://presonus.com/interfaces.html

That link compares three systems (Im only interested in the first two). What one do you guys recommend? Im looking to spend no more than 500$. Also, if there are any other kind of "plug and play" solutions you can think of, please suggest them.

By the way, my specs are:

1 gb memory
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+ @ 2.19 GHz

I just got it this christmas, so its up to date Im guessing. I have many USB ports, and one firewire port. Thanks for the help!

Cool, If I were choosing between the two and could afford it, then I would probably get the Firebox. The Inspire looks to be pretty hot as well, but the Firebox has also got MIDI and SPDIF onboard, and the Preamps are the same as in the Firepod, which are pretty good. If you've got $500 to go with, you might look into getting a couple of starter mics as well. Shure SM-57 and Studio Projects B1 are good places to start.

Back