i'm finally asking how to do this

msgrape

Here's what I have...
synth........midi in, out, thru
RM1X........midi in and out
MAudio Midisport 2x2
PC

I want to sequence the synth sounds in the RM1X.
Is this possible?
So far I've been able to play the RM sounds with the synth....but when I record, I'm hearing the RM sounds and on playback it's the synth sound.

Plus......I still want to be able to record the synths audio on the pc.
I have AcidPro4....I've done this, just to make sure changing everything won't interfere with that part.

I hope this makes some sense.
I always come here when I've tried just about everything else.
Thanks all.

Lynn

sorry, making it more clear

I want to sequence the synth sounds INTO the RM1X.
I hope this clears it up.
Thanks.
Lynn

Your Midisport is a fine midi interface, but that's all it is --- a midi interface. The first thing you need to accomplish the things you want to do is an audio interface like this.

If I'm understanding your question, keep in mind that the RM1X is a capable sequencer as well as a sound module. All you need to do to sequence the synth sounds is plug your keyboard from the midi out into the midi in of the RM1X and from the midi out of the RM1X into the midi in of the synth. Be sure you turn the local on/off to 'off' before hitting the play button. You'll need to do that when you decide to upgrade your computer interface. Remember, midi is a control langusge that carries no audio so you'll need to make arrangements for a small mixer if you're going to make Acid loops out of both your sound sources.

Here are links to two good articles on midi basics - part one and part two. They may be a little basic for you, but we can all use a refresher course now and then...

thank you

Thanks for your reply. I was afraid there was more to this than just a few cables....lol

I bought an MAudio Quattro awhile back but could never get it to work right. THEN I read a lot of reviews that either said it worked wonderfully or was a piece of ..... I don't think it was one of their better products. But of course, almost everything I do is trial and error. I read a lot but usually do better just trying things.

I'll have to start saving again.

And thanks for the links....much appreciated.

Lynn

Back