I'm Fed Up

BEATMAKERS

WHO DAT MAKIN THAT NOIZE
OK I'm taking on a hughe task here I plan on building my own studio desk because i am tired of not being able to buy one that will work or make my set up comfortable so the big question is where the hell do i start. I aint a carpenter. Any links to any spots that would cut out most of the trial and error would be great.

p.s. whose going to be the joker to post a link to the quick lok site :D

hummm..im thinking.. whats places have you tried..and we can go from there...once you figure out the design you want for the desk to can get Lowe's or Home Depot to cut the wood down to size for you..

When I drew up plans for a booth, I had to estimate the sizes first and then get all that down on paper. Like Bknot said, if you have the dimensions, Lowe's or Home Depot will cut it to spec for you. Are you wanting something wider than what's available or a specific shape? The desks I looked at wouldn't be wide enough for me unless I went L shape pattern (or I replace my 61-key keyboard and one of my computer screens).

GOOD Azz LINK I THINK I WILL DRAW IT OUT ON PAPER FIRST here is what i got in my head i have the two mp7 and px7 i want them to drop down in the desk surface kind of like a mixing board side by side. then for my keyboard i want it mounted where it can bee pulled out and tucked back when not being used. ind of like on a rack above the mp7 that slides out but slides back in. hell just chatting with you guys is making it more clear let me get to draw it i will post a pic of it if possible when i am done

Yanno come to think about it....if you could make a desk where your workstation could slide out and back in that'd be dope. It'd save on room too.

i figure hell igot mo time than any thing these days since i only work 3 days a week i gotta fill the rest of my days up anyway so thus was born the idea

See what you made me do...now I'm looking at my desk wondering if a slide out rack for my midi controller would actually work.

i just tried to draw it and realized i cant draw for shit so i have to build a small model first just to get the idea out. whish there was a free program that could do it easier. a desk builder prog lol

I think if I drew up one, it'd cost a lot of loot to make. I'd want an L shape desk with a slide out tray on each side for keyboard/mouse, mixers, etc...plus a built in 4 - 6 rack space for whatever.

I built my desk using 3/4 inch plywood (routed the outter edges) and 2x3's. I'm just finishing up painting and sealing the top. Then I'll post pics. Mine is pretty basic. A corner L shape desk that probably measures 5 feet each way. It's gonna work perfect for me. The only thing is I haven't built the rack mounts, computer monitor & speakr monitor stands yet. So its just a flat surface... will post pictures asap. Cost? Probably about $120.

You could build one for half that cost but im picky about looks and my environment so I went a little beyond "just getting by"...

:)

Back