I'm desperate for the title of this song...

Scott Mellish

Hi, I'm sorry to be posting this here but I dont know what else to do...
I'm looking for this song that is used on a lot of sports clips, black and white slow mo.
Its done with a big choir and orchestra.

I just made a quick midi of it playing by ear.
I'll attatch it as a zip considering you cant add *.mid

If anyone can help me with what its called it would be very appreciated.
Ta,
Scott Mellish

Attachments

• mystery song.zip
    810 bytes · Views: 14
Okay,
I'll post it up here named as an *.mp3
If you change the file extension to *.mid you should be able to hear it.
Thankyou

ps. you'll probably have to right click the attatchment and go 'save target as'

Attachments

• mystery song.mp3
    871 bytes · Views: 46
One of their other songs, "We Will Rock You" is used in an amazing number of forums. Many Hiigh School bands play this for game music. It was also used in a number of movies.

Ed

I was'nt able to get the file, but I will bet I would have known what and who it was, most any thing they use on tv I've heard eather here at Orchestra Hall or at home.

I recognise it. It's an orchestral piece, I think possibly Wagner. It's on the sound track for "Conan The Barbarian" during one of the fight scenes, among other places.

Song found!

Thankyou to all that have helped try and find the song!
It is infact O fortuna by Wagner
So RWhite you were right with the artist!

I had neglected to ask my girlfriend the name of it, but i finally did, i turns out after i sang 1 bar of it she new the name and had danced to it in year 9 at high school! lol
So anyway, alls well that ends well.
Thanks again.
Scott

Wagner?

It's the "Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi" movement from Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana". Carmina Burana means profane songs.

Right click and "Save Target As". Carmina Burana (850KB)

Thomas

barefoot said:
Wagner?

It's the "Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi" movement from Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana". Carmina Burana means profane songs.

Right click and "Save Target As". Carmina Burana (850KB)

Thomas

Thomas, thanks for the correction, you obviously know what you're talking about... I got Wagner from a website I saw O Fortuna on, so they must have also made the mistake. Alls good now, I got the piece i was looking for!
Cheers,
Scott Mellish

Back