I'm coming out clean - I hate my voice and blatantly imitate other rappers...

kratos

I hate my voice and blatantly imitate other rappers...

Im subliminally imitating some rappers that I dont want to...but I can't find my frikking rap voice...
Ive spent hours and sometimes whole days trying to find my voice but when I record it I still dont like it...

Last edited:
I would keep persevering.
Imitation is one thing, but finding your own voice would be more satisfactory on your part.
Take the time to find that 'voice' I've a feeling you probably will.

I'd just run with the accent, honestly. It gives you a more unique sound. I don't know how things work with rap, but having something like that to help you stick out really helps in rock.
Heck, half of your lyrics are about being an immigrant and feeling like an outsider. Why try to cover that up with the the vocal tone?

Most rap sucks today, so I wouldn't worry about it sounding bad.
:laughings: :laughings: :laughings:
I'd just run with the accent, honestly. It gives you a more unique sound. I don't know how things work with rap, but having something like that to help you stick out really helps in rock.
Heck, half of your lyrics are about being an immigrant and feeling like an outsider. Why try to cover that up with the the vocal tone?
Exactamundo ! You're not from Compton......be who you are, with high voice, accent and all. You'll be glad one day. Don't forget {even though you're young, we old fogies aren't !}, Lennon and Hendrix didn't like their voices and if you go to that thread on it, most people don't seem to........

not too shabby actually...

I think these are a great start man, in particular "One Thing".

I agree with what's already been said too, that you should embrace the "range" and accent of your voice.

IF there is one critique I could make, that perhaps would help you (oddly enough starts with a question)

Are you making your own beats? or If you aren't making your own beats are you getting them from one source or sever different people?

The reason I ask is, it might be hard trying to find your voice when the beats them selves all have radically different "voices"
I know like every other genre hip hop has a plethora of sub genres and maybe get some consistency to those beats and perhaps your voice will be more so.

Other than that, keep at it man, it's clear you've put some work into this and it shows, only other thing I could say is; if you're trying to make the chorus' catchy, they could use a little more work, to be more "hooky" if you will.

Keep it up.

I liked it. The 1 song I listened to, One thing. I think the accent only adds to it.
Also the beast is very very very nice. Really like it, great job on it

I think these are a great start man, in particular "One Thing".

I agree with what's already been said too, that you should embrace the "range" and accent of your voice.

IF there is one critique I could make, that perhaps would help you (oddly enough starts with a question)

Are you making your own beats? or If you aren't making your own beats are you getting them from one source or sever different people?

The reason I ask is, it might be hard trying to find your voice when the beats them selves all have radically different "voices"
I know like every other genre hip hop has a plethora of sub genres and maybe get some consistency to those beats and perhaps your voice will be more so.

Other than that, keep at it man, it's clear you've put some work into this and it shows, only other thing I could say is; if you're trying to make the chorus' catchy, they could use a little more work, to be more "hooky" if you will.

Keep it up.

I make my own music and beats. I don't use samples...well not yet anyways!

Back