I'm bored - should I put a BADASS BASS II on my bass.

Manslick

Road
I have a Sting bass. I love it but I think the bridge could improve the sound simply due to its mass.
Is this sound thinking?
I can do the switch my self, I think.
Anyone ever done this?
Am I reducing the value of the bass by doing this?

Headstock weight is more exponential in its returns. 3F. The Fender Fat Finger.
Screenshot 2024-05-27 073133.jpg

If the strang's go through the bass's body from behind, that s one thing...but a weightier bridge. No . This is Gimmick.

- some have lateral adjustment for pup pin alignment.

-reducing value? just dont drill any new holes.
is it some antique precious instrument?

I have a Sting bass. I love it but I think the bridge could improve the sound simply due to its mass.
Is this sound thinking?
no.

You want thicc mixable bass? All is required is that you 'limit' the bass from the FX loop. Then the lightest gauge strang to the heaviest gauge strings will be the same output volume.
Bass that isnt the mix...but the foundation....

Thanks LBS - yes it hit me after I posted that since the strings do go thru the body, then that should be as massive as possible.

Thanks for the tip on limiting too. I think I can do this in my Reason DAW.

Is this sound thinking?
I can do the switch my self, I think.
Anyone ever done this?
Am I reducing the value of the bass by doing this?
It’s a waste of money. I like the original bridge better even though it’s lighter. Also, I you do change to a badass bass bridge make sure it is the thin profile version which I think is called the Bas Ass ll ? You will reduce its value a bit to a collector, but you can always keep the old bridge in the case and switch it back when selling.

Back