I'm back...

Basslord1124

Some of you all might remember me...I was one of the curious minds inquiring about building my own PC for recording some months ago. Well that reality hasn't happened yet since I've been spending most of that money on a much needed new bass rig. Now that I've got a bass rig I think I'm ready to start the journey into building a computer to record on. I know a lot has happened since I last posted about it...especially in terms of technology and prices. My actual journey won't start until Christmas as I asked for some computer parts for Christmas. So that leaves me some time to re-educate myself since anything I remember before has been totally forgotten...especially in terms of mobo/processor choice.

I definitely will stick with my original decision on getting the Audiophile 2496 for the soundcard...and I do want an AMD machine. I will also go with 1 5400rpm (or 7200rpm) 20 gig hard drive (OS and programs) and 1 7200rpm 40 gig hard drive (audio). Figure 256MB ram or I may go for 512 assuming the price is decent. But mobo/processor I may need some suggestions there. I'll probably spend the next few days or so looking at mobos, processors, and other goodies on pricewatch...to see how the market and prices has changed since I last looked at em. God I love technology. :rolleyes: But like I said, if you've got any resources or ideas for mobos, processors, or anything for that matter let me know.

Thanks. ;)

Bump (well despite the fact it's still on the 1st page). I have noticed that most modern mobo's (particulary Asus and Abit) offer chipsets by Via, Via, and another one called Via (with very few exceptions). Is Via still the dreaded enemy around here? Or have things been cleaned up with them? What about those nVidia (I think that's the name) chipsets? I'm thinking I'll go for that Asus board with the SiS chipset...but I'm still in the research phase at this point. Feel free to chime with any advice on motherboards (particularly for the Audiophile 2496) if you want. ;)

Back