I'm BACK! With VIDEO!!! Now you see me!

mshea

Hey! I realized I haven't stalked the old favorite haunting ground. Hope all are doing well. Blue Bear I miss ya. Cyan Jaguar...wonder where you're at...years ago when I was just figuring this stuff out your critiques were and still are priceless and helped me to get where I am now. Which isn't much further but at least i'm not cussing out my computer every 3 seconds.

So. I've now stumbled across a webcam. I have NO idea what i'm doing but thought you all would enjoy a good LAUGH. I've also added links to where you can find my music postings and alternate universes...and I guess for many of you...finally find out what I and my home studio set up look like.

Enjoy! :p

I HATE MY JOB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmd3ZcaTVYQ

SAD SONG SING ALONG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2C_30fIExU

MYSPACE MUSIC PAGE: http://www.myspace.com/mayashea

I hate your job too...
er...I mean....I love my job....
er....um...well.... I love yer video, and I've decided to offer you to a record deal, so you can be poor like me!
This is coming out all wrong.... I was never able to talk to a pretty girl.... :D

Peace!

~Shawn

...and my Dad's back too! L.T.D lives!

Live L.T.D., yeah remember them with hits such as 'Love to the World', 'Stranger' and 'Back in Love Again'. They never left but are finally getting into the digital age. Band sounds TIGHT as ever. Pretty impressive for a bunch of 50-60 year olds. Proof that doing what you LOVE keeps you young.

If you're a fan, please show your support, they'd love to hear from you.

https://www.youtube.com/user/artloca7

Oh, and for those of you who are curious, my Dad is a founding member of the group and is the sax player you'll see in the videos. In addition to all of the saxes he plays, flute, guitar, keyboards and is a prolific composer. He creates some amazing progressive jazz and began his career at 15 in the Miami night clubs, getting his 'big break' being picked up by 'Sam and Dave' until the band decided they'd make their own band, picked up Jeffrey Osborne on vocals, his brother Billy Osborne was actually playing drums and Andre Ray as co-lead vocalist. The current band has the HIGHEST number of original band members on stage than any of their peers still on the performance circuit.

Most people assume that Jeffrey Osborne WAS L.T.D which is FALSE. He was only ONE lead singer, the first platinum single featured both Andre Ray and Jeffrey Osborne. The 'sound' of L.T.D is credited to the band and bass player Henry Davis who you'll see up there playing the a$$ off that bass as usual. It doesn't matter WHO is up there singing, the band ROCKS ON!!!

I would like to listen to your music, but I think the links that you posted are corrupting your sound. I know you have to compromise a bit to have video. But a link like Soundclick or Nowhere Radio would give us the pure sound.

Mary, your voice sounds good, but the recordings don't transfer that well to those video sites. Creep Like You is a good song and shows your talent, but the site is corrupting the sound I think. I heard some kind of helicopter in the background. Might just be my computer which is crapping out on me.:(

the REAL website will be back up soon, i promise.

I would like to listen to your music, but I think the links that you posted are corrupting your sound. I know you have to compromise a bit to have video. But a link like Soundclick or Nowhere Radio would give us the pure sound.

You are absolutely correct however I have 'hijacked' my real website to advertise my condo for rent. So, until a lease is signed, the good clips are gone. Thank you very much for bearing with me through the videos. I am fascinated with this new found medium. I will be upgrading to an actual video camera and real video production software after I relocate and will be able to produce a lot better quality. I can score finished video using my current music production software, but i have no control over the video clips so that didn't work too well. I needed to modify the video so I'm currently working off of microsoft movie maker, you know that crap they throw on your computer when you buy it. Now that I know it's something i'm interested in working on further it's time for...an upgrade rather than the only other option which would be to 'ping pong' between Sonar & Movie Maker (far too time consuming). This 'hobby' is becoming more and more expensive as the years go by. :D

As for the providers listed, my little heart was broken when mp3.com closed up shop, i hopped on w/ soundclick for a while but didn't like it, plus it didn't matter HOW MANY times i clicked the do not send me crap option, they still sent crap and I really have no patience for junk mail solicitations it was generating so...i left. I don't think the account's gone, but i sure don't remember what i created.

Last edited:
Ha Ha...the helicopter was on PURPOSE...gotcha

...Creep Like You is a good song and shows your talent, but the site is corrupting the sound I think. I heard some kind of helicopter in the background. Might just be my computer which is crapping out on me.:(

Creep like you is so darn old and my computer had DIED and I lost the work files. That recording was ripped from a 'dead' CD and unfortunately picked up the corrupted sounds along with it. I'd re-do it if I could but it was a collaborative effort and I am not talented enough on the guitar to pull it off. The 'helicopter' sound you hear was actually something we decided to put in the intro, i also believe it leads into the chorus(es) as well, can't remember. Not sure why we thought that was a brilliant idea (probably an alcohol induced 3AM decision) but until I stumble across another guitarist who'd like to jam and isn't trying to get in my pants...it's stuck 'as is'.

That's one of the un-fun things about recording from HOME. As a woman who lives alone I have to be HYPER VIGILANT about who comes in and what their intentions are. You have NO idea how many times recording sessions have turned into awkward 'just because we make music together doesn't mean I want to MAKE music together' moments, leading to quick dissolutions of collaborative efforts.

If anyone knows where to find him I am looking for a Jason Whilming. He is the guitarist on that song and was/is wonderful. He was working for BBKing's daughters band but that was 1999. I've tried to find him for YEARS. He is an extremely talented Blues Guitarist who called Kansas City home. He went back when increasing rent and parental pressure to 'get a real job' forced him back to Kansas City from Chicago and I lost him. :( Creep Like You generates a lot of interest but I want to ensure he gets credit for his contribution, the guitar you hear was ALL his creation. I'm REAL big on ensuring that artists and musicians get the credit and $$$ they deserve. It's all about karma. Plus i'd love the opportunity to collaborate with him again. We were cranking out some REALLY good stuff. I often sit back and listen to that old crappy CD and am amazed.

Set your Sights on Me was pulled off the same crappy CD but I was able to re-do it because I could play all the parts on the bass and keyboard to succesfully reproduce it. What did you think of the vocals on that one? Does my voice sound 'strong' or did you feel unmoved?

You should speak into the camera rather than do the text overlay stuff. You are much more visually interesting than your movie editing. Move the camera around, do 50 takes per paragraph.

Youtube is GREAT for exposure, but their compression sucks. Try veoh in times like this when quality matters.

Last edited:
Back