I'm a newbie. Please beat me up.

Imaduck

Hello everybody! In my quest to find some more information about home recording I stumbled onto this forum and thought it was really interesting, so I signed up. Basically, this is just a dumb post about me and my gear, so if you don't care, feel free to ignore it.

Here's a summary of my gear:
Guitars:
Rickenbacker 620 Guitar (six string, blonde wood)
1986 Ibanez Pro Series guitar (yellow, very cool finish)
Rare early edition Ibanez Roadstar II guitar with tobacco burst finish and 3 single coil pickups
Ibanez Artcore AM-73 (semi-hollow electric, blue)
Custom-built Iceman Style fretless
Jackson Performer Series 4 (blue, flame)
Yamaha SE250 (red)
Martin Sigma nylon acoustic
1977 Hofner steel acoustic (German, beautiful zebra wood)
a crappy CCCLarke guitar I use for the rare occasions that I down tune
Squier Strat Standard (replacing the tuners with Schallers and pickups with Carvins)
and a crappy Guitar Research bass I got for $60 and use when I can't use anybody else's bass

Drums:
Gretch Blackhawks -- Evans heads -- Zildjian cymbals

Amps:
Ampeg Gemini II tube (for recording)
Fender Champ (for recording)
Peavey Studio Pro 50 (for band practice)
JStation Amp Modeler (for bass/guitar record)

Stage Rig:
Guitar -> Digitech RP 200 dist/effects -> Lexicon MPX 100 effects -> Peavey Backstage 30 (for preamping) -> Furman Crossover/Band Pass Filter -> Peavey 1.3k 2000 watt amplifier -> 4x12 cab (custom cab, loaded with 4 g12L-35's)

For bass I simply go bass -> Jstation -> Peavey Power Amp -> 2 custom 15" full-range speakers

As for background info about me, I've been playing guitar for about 7 years (bass 2, drums 1). I'm in a small rock band (Polish Friday), and we've been around for about a year and a half. I'll probably be posting some of our songs on the mp3 forums, so you can check it out there (we home-recorded one CD already, which was horrible quality, and now we're close to finishing a much better quality one). I know a ton about stereos, speakers, and pretty much all stereo equipment. I've been repairing, refurbishing, and reselling various vintage and high-end pieces of stereo equipment for about 5 years now. Anyway, I guess that's all I have to say for now, and I hope to have a good time here on these boards. If you have any questions or comments about my gear or me, or if you want to just extend me a warm welcome, it all would be gladly appreciated.

--Chris

Last edited:
One guitar... that's really hard... I've grown really attached to my Ibanez pro, mainly since it's my newest guitar, but I'd still have to stick with my Rickenbacker. Nothing beats a Rick, great playstyle, great sound, crystal clear and it just feels great. Not to mention the tone is different (and in my opinion much much better) than the SG's and Les Pauls everybody else plays.

Back