Im a Hip hop/ RnB artist need help with vocals...

kay_e

I rap and try to do some singing here and there but i use software like autotune, Just wondering if anyone can maybe give me pointers on vocals or direct me to a great video on Youtube maybe that will help my vocals a bit more so i don't need autotune so much. Not trying to hit High notes, just wanna be able to harmonize and such. Couldn't figure out how to post a link so please download and listen and please help thank u.

Here's a Direct link to Listen
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=7567568&q=hi&newref=1

Attachments

• Kay E - Wanna Play Play SAMPLE.mp3
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sounds good, i don't really like Hip Hop, RnB that much, but i guess you can use autotune like that and it's gonna be just fine.

not really alot of people in my area giving lessons... Thats y i asked if anyone knew of any videos teaching lessons... Guess no one on here really knows much about singing

Guess no one on here really knows much about singing

BooHoo! Jesus! Stop whining already. Maybe it's more like nobody wants to do what you can easily do yourself.

It's a wonder you're able to use your computer well enough to get on here and whine.
direct me to a great video on Youtube

I just went to Youtube and entered "Vocal lessons" in the search bar. About 12 pages and 300 videos came up. Take your pick. Are you so mentally challenged that you couldn't have done that yourself?

:D Thanks RAMI ...................................... now I can sing ...............................

This is a must see for all inspiring singers!!!!

Last edited:
glad someone helped out...im not that knowledgeable about singing.. but sometimes its rather hard just to get ANYONE to help these days...

Haha that guy needs to get laid. I tried YouTube n ran thru 50 videos, but they sounded like Shit. So once again can anyone recommend a CERTAIN VIDEO that is a professional super talented singer n not someone just making a video for YouTube. Haha come on guys

Guess no one on here really knows much about singing
Perhaps we know enough about singing to not need a youtube vid to tell us how. Ever consider that? Maybe no one knows a good vid because they didn't need to find it in the first place.

I think one of the reasons for the lack of responses would be that you posted the question and then on the same day started complaining that no one was helping.
Not every question gets answered immediately ..... sometimes it can take a few days or even a week or two.
You gotta have a little patience.

Just practice with focus.... sheesh. Identify what you don't like about your voice and fix it.

If you're bent on watching a youtube video, search for one that talks about breathing techniques. That's usually the first lesson.

Sorry, just tryna get some help. This is what this sites for right? Pros helping joes?
yep it is. But sometimes it take a little longer than a day or two. I understand you're impatient and want to get rollin'.
We all get excited about recording projects we want to do and want to do them now! :)

But there are guys who only pop in every week or two and others that may have missed this thread the first time around. There's a lot of threads go up every day and it's impossible to see them all unless you're on the site all day everyday. And the only people who do that are the cave dwellers who aren't gonna venture into the forums too much.
I hope someone comes along with a suggestion for ya' soo. If I could, I would ..... but I don't even do the youtube thing very much. I may watch one or two of them a week and only then because someone will have sent them to me.
So for your specific request it's gonna take someone who had the same objective and already found a good vid and hopefully they'll be along soon.
Welcome to the board and I hope we manage to help you out.

Haha that guy needs to get laid. I tried YouTube n ran thru 50 videos, but they sounded like Shit. So once again can anyone recommend a CERTAIN VIDEO that is a professional super talented singer n not someone just making a video for YouTube. Haha come on guys

Sometimes you just have to look for yourself, grasshopper.

Back