"If you please" (A proposal in song)

K-dub

Featuring the K-dub Philharmonic Choir and Delicatessen.

Tjarko Busink: Bass
Frank Basile: Drums
Mark Crumb: Lead guitar and organ
T-bone Hyer: Piano
Me: The rest

I like it. Everything you do sounds cool, writing, arrangements, performances, mixes.
Almost makes me want to quit 😂

Don't. I'm just a schmuck who tried to figure this shit out to make it sound like I wanted it to sound.

Because I discovered that I was the only one who I could pay to actually do so in the way I wanted.

Do I still question myself?

Of course.

I'd be wrong if I didn't.

The luxury of the sonic art is the eraser.

People who put paint to canvass don't enjoy that. They can't erase what they've done.

We can. My now mix wholly exceeds my 2004 mix.

But I have that luxury in the address.

So I use it.

I don't care if I make any money off it anymore. Who does these days?

That includes famous folks. I once did. Now I don't.

I'm in it for making it sound like I want it to sound.

But what I realized, when I was younger, is IF I was going to properly present my art, I needed to learn shit to do so.

I just happen to be very musical in my outpour.

If an artist, a serious one, just make sure you are good at what you do.

Every parent has a kid who others cringe at when the parents are proud.

Good tunes. Again, it's the structure and the morphing from section to section that jumps out at me with your stuff. I've never approached songs that way. I don't know if I ever will, or even if I have the ability. But if I notice it, it's in my consciousness and part of my universe now. Morphology.

This song moved and rose in my speakers like a behemoth, filling the soundscape with one delicious part after another. A truly humbling sound experience and something to either aim for or flee from. I'd love to make stuff this good one day. Or half as good. A quarter as good. I'll settle for that. My mixes've been down so long they look like up to me.

Good tunes. Again, it's the structure and the morphing from section to section that jumps out at me with your stuff. I've never approached songs that way. I don't know if I ever will, or even if I have the ability. But if I notice it, it's in my consciousness and part of my universe now. Morphology.
There was a period in my youth where I hit a writer's block. Everything I was writing had a bit of "sameness" in melody and structure to it. So I dropped it for a period while I waited for my brain to reorganize my thoughts into different patterns.

This was the first piece out of that funk.

This song moved and rose in my speakers like a behemoth, filling the soundscape with one delicious part after another. A truly humbling sound experience and something to either aim for or flee from. I'd love to make stuff this good one day. Or half as good. A quarter as good. I'll settle for that. My mixes've been down so long they look like up to me.
The first thing I learned is everything sounds better when others contribute their talents. Then the trick is to do as little as possible to interfere with how they sound, and simply coax out their highlights. :D

Back