if you can take this Curse...

hmmmmmmmmmm

I'd also like to hear the finished song.............I liked it like it is...........made the hair on my neck stand up.................just hit a chord here............well my .02 worth

ive just asked 4 other guys who are in the other studios here, they've also agreed that one of the harmonies is off. im talking about at 1:40.

i put money on the fact there is a snare off a yamaha in the drum track, just doing this rhythmic thing under the beat.

Long Wave,
I have to offer you my appologies.
I was really baffled about your "out of tune" comments. I hear just about everything thats out by the slightest fraction, so does Uru. She sometimes creates harmonies (typical African) with slight pitch abnormalities on purpose, to make the thing "float". You cannot do that without real skills.
I did go and listen - didn't hear anything out, even analyzed it, still didn't hear anything out. Then I listened to the MP3 - oh SHIT! Definately out, and the whole song, not just the harmony, and the song was a fraction faster as well.
It appears I burned a CD quickly, just before going, put the disk in the computer to do an MP3, and posted it.
The file was at 24/48, so it went throught the sample rate converter ----- and I had accidentally put the "pull-up" switch at +0.1.
You were right! Sorry!

hehe, no problem mate. apology accepted!

something i am dying to know....tell me that there is a yamaha snare playing in the drum track behind the other snare drum....

yamaha motif?

?????

The one "on top" I played (out of time), corrected that one yesterday :)
The one "underneath" is the Motif

This really bites! I click on "MP3" next to the song and get a little box that says "This mp3 can play on most players but not on Windows Media Player".

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......THAT has to be the most rediculous idea in the world! Oh well...I will await the CD!!!

Ed

An 0.1% pull-up does effect the whole track, which it did. Its a very small amount, and that can sometimes go completely undetected, it just feels 'unpleasant'. However, if you apply a pull up or a pull down to a multi-part harmony, either instrumental or vocal, the effect is worse.

Sjoko, I was just reading about Uru on nowhereradio. Jan Akkerman is going to be playing with you guys? No shit?:cool:

We're making plans for Jan to do a couple of tracks on the album. I've always wanted to do something with Jan and Aynsley together, so there is my chance :)

Drool!:D He's been one of my guitar heros since the 70's. I have a solo album of his where he's playing some classical stuff that's just awsome.

He's just completing a sampler disk for lute.
I've only known him for about 35 years, but he has always been my favorite player, the most technically competent and sensitive, who can also rock your ass off.
Apart from that, I don't know anyone who is as versatile, equally a master at classical, on different string instruments etc etc. He's just the best, I love him, even tough he's a pain in the ass :)

:) Oh well Ed - its not on there anymore, because I screwed the dithering up.
But the new version of do you believe is now on MP3

Do you believe was written for someone else.
The rest we'll do when we have time.
We're working on 2 songs for feature films, 3 songs for a major artist's new release and a TV series sound track, so we're busy for a bit :(
The only song we plan to release the way it is (properly mixed) is You Know (just posted new version on MP3)

hey ed, don't use windows media player, it applies a volume boost in the lows and highs, even if you turn all their stuff off. A lot of computer nerds have been looking into that. I noticed it w hile ago when everythign mp3 i listened to just sounded WAY different. I thought "it can't just be because microsoft wants to catch all the sheep with the ooh ahhh factor". but it seems that thats what they are trying to do. Just like winXp has fancy window shading and and alpha blending WMP has a permanent ohh ahh scoop. Get winamp, you will be a better person.

Hey Ed, it's not that NWR doesn't work with Windows Media, it's that Windows Media won't work with NWR.

Every other player works with SC-PLS streaming, except Windows Media. The reason? Microsoft doesn't make any money off of it.

W.

Back