IF-FW/DM MKII - Not returning any audio signal to the desk..??

GaryJackson

Ok, I hope someone can help as this issue is driving me up the wall.

I have a DM4800 with a Firewire card and I am running logic Audio 7. I have everything working the way I want however the only thing is the I can't get any audio back from logic to the mixer. I can get it in there ok and record the audio, but when assigning the slot card to physical channels on the mixer I don't get nothing !
I have attached photos of my input and output screens. I set it up to be 24mic ins on channel 1 to 24. Channel 25 onwards would be my returns from the firewire card in slot 3.

Any ideas why the I can't return the audio signal?

Routing 2.jpg
Audio control panel.jpg
Audio-Midi.jpg

Logic is set to the firewire card, the apple is set to the firewire card as input and output and the Audio / Midi set up in apple utilities has the firewire card as input and output....
The only thing I can think of is that the Audio / Midi setup has all the sliders set to nothing, however I can't click them or move them? They are un-clickable as it were.

Please any ideas would be a great help.

Attachments

• Routing 1.jpg
    Routing 1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 31
  • Routing 3.jpg
    Routing 3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Routing 4.jpg
    Routing 4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Logic Audio 7.jpg
    Logic Audio 7.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 32
I don't see any obvious set up problem in your pics. The only page that looks different is the Audio/Midi Setup page. You don't say what Mac OS you are using, but in my 10.6.8 system sliders off is the normal working state when using Logic. Have you checked the output busses in Logic? When using a multi-channel audio interface with logic 9, you not only have the channel fader, but, you also have an output fader for each channel assigned to the card slot in the tascam. If the output fader is all the way down, there will be no audio to the tascam input even though the channel faders in logic show audio going out. Make sure you enable the Outputs in the Logic Mixer so that you can see them. They should display audio that matches what's on the channel fader that's assign to the output. This has tripped me up once or twice.

I don't see any obvious set up problem in your pics. The only page that looks different is the Audio/Midi Setup page. You don't say what Mac OS you are using, but in my 10.6.8 system sliders off is the normal working state when using Logic. Have you checked the output busses in Logic? When using a multi-channel audio interface with logic 9, you not only have the channel fader, but, you also have an output fader for each channel assigned to the card slot in the tascam. If the output fader is all the way down, there will be no audio to the tascam input even though the channel faders in logic show audio going out. Make sure you enable the Outputs in the Logic Mixer so that you can see them. They should display audio that matches what's on the channel fader that's assign to the output. This has tripped me up once or twice.

Thanks for the reply. I think that is does have somthing to do with the mac. I got the card working with audio back and forth between the desk and mac however now the mac wont see the card at all. It sees it in the Audio control panel but not in the Audio / Midi panel. It does not even show the driver which is strange??

I am running Mac Duel 2.3 Power PC running OSX 10.5.8 with Logic Audio 7.

Would you have any idea however why logic also shows 31 inputs mono but only 16 outs in stereo? I can get around the issue by hard panning back to the desk but I thought that I would be able to change to mono outputs from logic.

However it transfers the audio now between the mac and DM4800, I just cant see the firewire card in the drivers section on the mac?

??

Cheers

Back