ideas, tricks, and just pure MAGIC!!!

Jacobi1211

okay, well...

i thought it would be cool if we had a thread that everyone can come to and read good ideas and tricks and such to try at home while recording. I'm sure there are plenty of you who have ideas... it's understandable if there are some that you would like to keep to yourself. after all, they are your tricks. but!!! if anyone has anything... let's get down to business!!!

i like homerecording because of all the great people and great ideas that are shared... this should make it a little easier to grab hold of these ideas instead of going..."okay, i'm pretty sure i saw it in this thread... wait... this one??? shit, i don't know!!!"

thanks to everyone here, and hope this gets interesting fast!!!

one million dollars to the first cat to reply!!! (just kiddin'!!! unless you wanna give me a million dollars???)

Jacob

ok, try holding an optical mouse up to a guitar with single coil pick ups. Just makes an interesting sound, kindov like tuning a radio if you move it towards and away.

My secret trick is to use all Behringer and Nady gear, but I scratch off the logos and replace them with ones that say "Manley."

big kenny, what do you mean??? why would i need to edit that post??? sorry, i just don't know what you mean.

gummblefish, you're right... i didin't even think about it. i'll repost it there.

thanks for the sarcasm fellas... always wonderful to know that no one takes an idea seriously!!! jerks... haha just playin'

Jacob

chessrock said:
My secret trick is to use all Behringer and Nady gear, but I scratch off the logos and replace them with ones that say "Manley."

OOOOOOOOOOOh , you so Machismo!!!!

tarnationsauce2 said:
My trick is to take anything you read in this forum with a grain of salt.
Maybe not anything, but some of these questions are on the border, doncha think? I've gotten lots of great ideas and advice and been flamed my fair share when I was worthy of such Tx.

my advice is when asking about Behringer Gear,please ask their number one sponsee, Ford Van, who can make better records on Behringer Gear than Steve Albini, Bob Katz, George Massenberg, Brad Blackwood, and The Ghost of Stephen Paul combined into one , using "boutique" gear.

BigRay said:
my advice is when asking about Behringer Gear,please ask their number one sponsee, Ford Van, who can make better records on Behringer Gear than Steve Albini, Bob Katz, George Massenberg, Brad Blackwood, and The Ghost of Stephen Paul combined into one , using "boutique" gear.
Actually after all the crap that got slewn (is that a word?) last time , I picked up an old Behry composer and modded the heck out of it just to prove that it was crap. It sounds "BEHRY Good".
I was really surprised at how well it does a lot of stuff.
I still prefer my RNC's,RNLA, and DBX 160A's but on some stuff the Composer ROX!

Big Kenny said:
Actually after all the crap that got slewn (is that a word?) last time , I picked up an old Behry composer and modded the heck out of it just to prove that it was crap. It sounds "BEHRY Good".
I was really surprised at how well it does a lot of stuff.
I still prefer my RNC's,RNLA, and DBX 160A's but on some stuff the Composer ROX!

slewn??? it is another form of slain....you mean slung?? I wasnt so much cracking on Behri as ford van.. :D

I'm just saying I was surprised, most of ths stuff I hear from that level isn't good, the behry waasn't good b4 the mods either, maybe the van needs a mod? (strewn?)

Jacobi1211 said:
i thought it would be cool if we had a thread that everyone can come to and read good ideas and tricks and such to try at home while recording. I'm sure there are plenty of you who have ideas... it's understandable if there are some that you would like to keep to yourself. after all, they are your tricks. but!!! if anyone has anything... let's get down to business!!!

Jacob

Jacob...you might want to read and possibly respond/revive this thread from about a year ago:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=158690

Jacobi1211 said:
cool... great idea dick.
I was serious.
There are a lot of people in this forum, and as such there are a lot of extremely experienced engineers. But there are also inexperienced people who love sharing the "facts" they know.
Not to mention some of the most experienced have conflicting views on the same subjects.
Don't do what someone tells you just because they tell you to do something.

Take everything you read here with a grain of salt. Seek advise elsewhere, or from many people/forum users too.

sorry, i guess i over-reacted. i saw your comment as being very sarcastic and hateful in tone. i misread you. my appologies!!!

Ha! No prob.

Another thing to take with a grain of salt is hot-headedness. ;)
As well as jokes about Behringer.
Elitist / con-descending remarks.
And jokes about Bob Rock & Rick Ruben.

Grains of salt everywhere!

Back