Ideas on screen fabric for accoustic panels?

hookiefree

I was wondering if would make sense or do any good to use fiberglass screen door fabric to wrap the mineral wool for accoustic panels? It's actually cheaper than regular fabric. Has anybody tried it or thought about it? In theory would it do any good?

I used cheapo IKEA curtains to wrap my wall panels. Blends in nicely into the walls, which are eggshell colored. A pack of two IKEA curtains ($20.-) was enough fabric for 4 wall panels.

Alternatively, get some un-bleached (or bleached if you prefer) muslin.

Any fabric store...

Walmart has Dollar a yard fabric all the time. I just used all black and it worked great. I spent like 40 bucks for 24 4X8 pannels. \

stockton

I might be able to score scraps of commercial acoustic fabric which has the advantage of meeting fire codes. PM me if interested, I'll look into it.

Another cheap alternative is craft felt, available in 72 inch widths in a wide variety of colors.

I would not suggest the screen door fabric. The main reason for covering the panels at all is to keep fibers from getting onto you if you brush against the panels and to keep fibers from getting into the air. I don't think screening will do it,

Back