Ideas for making my space "nicer" looking?

tbuck92

Hey guys,
So lately I've been thinking about how my studio doesn't really even look like a studio to me at least. Even when its neat and organized it looks more like a hang out basement. In the pics I have a pool table there but i'm getting rid of that. So that's step one. The carpet is new and the lights are new, and I painted it about a year ago. I'm not sure what I could do to just take it up a notch? Here's some pics:

studio by Trevor Buckingham

thanks!

It will probably start looking more like a studio when it starts sounding more like a studio.

If you can, get rid of the carpeting. Then get bass traps in the corners and over your recording area...and over the drums. Is that foam on the wall? You need to get rid of that and use proper acoustic treatment.

Honestly, I'd worry about treating the room properly before I worried about how it "looks".

I think is looks pretty cool. Nice and chill. I found that when I removed alot of the "junk" and random nonsense in my room, it looked a lot more professional. So maybe thats what your looking for.

Honestly, I'd worry about treating the room properly before I worried about how it "looks".

What this man says is gold though!

Gold and platinum records add a lot to the ambience of any studio.

Just sayin'...

I'm definitely lucky to even have a space this size. My mom let me take over the entire basement over the past few years. And yes unfortunately that is foam, I wasn't as educated on proper acoustic treatment when I bought it. However I do have the drum room with good acoustic insulation and it sounds really good in there, but i plan on replacing the foam on the ceiling with more of that or 703.

Getting rid of all the extra stuff I don't need actually sounds like something that would make it more professional looking which is what I want. Oh, and sadly I only have 1 gold record haha, it was from a battle of the bands.

Back