ideas for a hifi...lofi type of sound?

moogmymellotron

hi guys,

this is a rough mix of some music im working on for a release. Total analog recording. Buss mix.

mellotrons, synths, guitars, bass, piano, vox and a bunch of other randomness. No sound modules, software based stuff.

Let me know what you guys think, i feel the mix is heading in the right direction, i want a hard, abrasive almost garagey sound without being total mush.

What needs work? what should i look for? etc

MP3 Player SoundClick

thanks again

Hi, I don't have any specific comments for improving the mix, but didn't want it to float down the page without comment because I think you've done a great job. There's a really distinct sound on both recordings on your page, they both flow well, have a good punchiness and good balance without losing the rough edges.

The vocals sit fully within rather than above the mix, but I think that suits the style of music. With the sound I think you're aiming for, you sound like you're pretty much there to me. Enjoyed them a lot.

That was unusual.

It's already pretty lo-fi. I'm not sure what you could do to "improve" on that. I suppose you could always play around with high and low pass filters on the different tracks and see what that does. Plus maybe a little distortion on things that normally aren't supposed to be distored (vox, the piano, etc.)

Hi, I don't have any specific comments for improving the mix, but didn't want it to float down the page without comment because I think you've done a great job. There's a really distinct sound on both recordings on your page, they both flow well, have a good punchiness and good balance without losing the rough edges.

The vocals sit fully within rather than above the mix, but I think that suits the style of music. With the sound I think you're aiming for, you sound like you're pretty much there to me. Enjoyed them a lot.

Hey thanks alot!!

Back