I'd do it again

Hello Jay,
The 1st few bars of vocal have pretty inconsistent levels.
I'd like to hear your voice across a fairly dry guitar with the wetter licks around and about.
The structure and story work well and your melody suits the story and your deep voice.
A good start.

Usually not much of a country guy, but this caught and held my attention....I like your voice, serves the song and this genre of music very well...very cool storytelling vibe....I also think a "Dryer" rhythm guitar might sound cool on this...song didn't seem ready to end when the fade began.
I think this is real solid for early in the mix /creative process, and you have a real solid song to work with...it's gonna be good!

Hello Jay,
The 1st few bars of vocal have pretty inconsistent levels.
I'd like to hear your voice across a fairly dry guitar with the wetter licks around and about.
The structure and story work well and your melody suits the story and your deep voice.
A good start.

Usually not much of a country guy, but this caught and held my attention....I like your voice, serves the song and this genre of music very well...very cool storytelling vibe....I also think a "Dryer" rhythm guitar might sound cool on this...song didn't seem ready to end when the fade began.
I think this is real solid for early in the mix /creative process, and you have a real solid song to work with...it's gonna be good!
Thanks for the comments guys.......the guitar did not sound all that wet until I rendered to the mp3. I do agree though that its a bit too much but, like i said before.....this is a work in progress.....maybe I can polish this turd:D

I think it will turn into a really good song, there is a good arrangement, a nice story is told, and a subject that most people can relate to-family! Your voice gives it a Waylon sound, but your songwriting is not as predictable as Waylon Jennings-to me anyway. A keyboard sound with a sustain and dobro or steel would also sound great on there. Oops--sorry I missed the dobro bits on my first listen...:o:o:o

After listening it sure makes me wish I would have had a chance to talk to either of my Grandfathers-I'm sure glad you got a chance with yours!

I think it will turn into a really good song, there is a good arrangement, a nice story is told, and a subject that most people can relate to-family! Your voice gives it a Waylon sound, but your songwriting is not as predictable as Waylon Jennings-to me anyway. A keyboard sound with a sustain and dobro or steel would also sound great on there. Oops--sorry I missed the dobro bits on my first listen...:o:o:o

After listening it sure makes me wish I would have had a chance to talk to either of my Grandfathers-I'm sure glad you got a chance with yours!
thanks man....there is some dobro in there.......you just can't hear it....lol!

Always LOVE your voice and tunes. This is no exception. Drums are a little distant, and the overall levels aren't as solid as other tunes of yours. But your voice, lyrics and song-writing make up for any slight imperfections. Awesome chorus.

I have my first gig this week end with a country/rock band I joined , so I appreciate this even more.

There are 2 weird clicks at the beginning, and like Queepy says, it didn't seem ready to fade out when it did. But, overall, I love it.

Back