I'd appreciate some constructive criticism

lasagne

I fancy Fancy
Hi fellas

I'm still very new to recording, but starting to learn I hope. I'd appreciate someone giving this song a listen and giving me their thoughts regarding the mix. I've got low end gear, and appropriate ambitions, but it would be good to get some fresh ears on it, and some good advice.
Don't worry about it being called mastered version - I just ran out of file names to call it !

Thanks

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=8527

That's a bad sign :eek:

The drums are programmed - I think it probably sounds midi because I played the bass part on my keyboard. I don't know why I just didn't play bass on it - I quite liked the sound, but since your comment, I realise it sounds crap.

I'll re-do the bass.

Last edited:
I seriously ment no offense. I admit I prefere actual drums and bass, I also know a lot of times they ain't available. The keys made me think it was midi. Real drums and bass would take it to the next level.

The bass was the only thing I noticed too. A bit too boomy and seems to hog all the headroom on the track.

Retrack it with a bass, like you said, and repost it. Got a lot going on there that is good.

The new bass sounds good. However the first mix was a bit more open on the top end, the second being more muffled in comparison. Some of the sounds work better than others. Vocals are good & I like the arrangement

Back