Ibanez rg-550 Tuning goes down....

Hexatonica

HI, i got a problem with my Black Ibanez Rg-550.

This is the thing, THE TUNING GOES DOWN!!! slowly, very slowly , but when i play with other guys, GOES DOWN...

Maybe it´s something on the Floyd...Rose, not pink....ha (here in Argentina Rosa=Pink in english)

Anyone can help me?

Change strings...nothing happens

Make sure all your strings are clamped tightly at the nut using the allen wrenches provided with the instrument.

I have an RG550 and it's rock solid.

Like mentioned, you may not be tightening the locking nut enough. Tighten those down.

The springs may be old, which may or may not contribute to your problem.

Also, always return your bridge to the same resting position. I.e., press down on the bar and return it to resting position without pulling up. Then tune the axe. If it ever seems to go out of tune, press down on the bar and return it.

An alternative is to always pull up and return the bridge to resting position.

I know exactly what your problem is. I had it happen to me a number of times. You changed your tuning to play with someone else, and had an impossible time tuning it after that, right? It's the springs in the back. They retain a memory. When you try to tune to far up or down, they try to return thier original position. The secret is throwing your Floyd Rose in the trash. Ever notice very few guitars have them now. Tremolos are just an effect. They are certainly not worth compromising your ability to tune. Fuck 'em!

Or you could just fuck with it for hours or days and eventually they will find a new position.

i have an old rg 550 with the same problem i took the springs out then inserted a block of wood in the trem now it plays and sounds like a guitar 3 times its price

Only other thing you might check is the truss rod-I had a strat that wouldn't stay in tune and the truss rod had broken :(
All I could do is replace the neck....

Back