I would love some help !! lol

kidill

Hey guys, I currently have adobe audition and Cool edit pro. I have a Mxl 990 and of course it is a mono mic, my interface is a Tascam Us-800 everything works great except i need help with the program... I really like adobe but i find cool edit pro easier to use and i like it more... but what i like about adobe is I record in mono and i plays back in stereo so my vocals come out both speakers... I dont know if their is a way i can do this with cool edit pro... i want to know how to get my vocals out both speakers because no matter what it comes out one side... is their a way to get it like adobe audition... ? I really dont want to you adobe audition btw because i have bad mic lagging problems in their for some reason and it takes up more space on my laptop please help !

What version of Cool Edit Pro are you using? That affects the detailed answer.

However, the general answer is simply to set up CEP to record in Mono. This will likely be clicking on the input selection panel of the track to want to record in, selecting mono, then selecting whether you want the Left or Right side of you stereo interface to be routed there.

By the way, you can convert any tracks you've already recorded to mono--just highlight the track you want to change then click Edit/Convert Sample Type and then select mono.

Back