I wonder...

chessrock said:
I wonder if these are from Feilo ( ? ? )

Gee, I hope so. I'd really like to get that km184 sound for between 24 and 99 dollars. Bunyip, you got your ears on?

BTW, is this a clone/copy of any existing mic? Multi-pattern, pad, roll-off, all for $99? If it'll pass a signal at all we may have a winner. Who knows? Maybe it'll be a sleeper like the ecm's.

I wouldnt want to record my vocal tracks with anything that has the word "sputtered" in the title!
:rolleyes:

Yes, this was already discussed on another BBS and it is another Behringer rip-off this time of the SP C4. Who knows what it will sound like?

The CEO of PMI wrote that in a way he was flattered that they chose to copy his mic. But that's what Behringer does. Occassionally they get it right, so who knows?

Yes, a more blatant knockoff of a C-4 I could not imagine. I wonder if these are 797 Audio's leftovers that didn't match up as a pair, so Behringer's selling them as singles. I have to say, the C-4's have already impressed me. Oh well, somebody will check these out and post up a review.-Richie

P.S.- if these things sound anything like a C-4, their claim that it is "perfect for vocals" better mean a choir from 30' away!

Well the fact that they are meant to be a competitor for the C4 is obvious, but there is no law against that, but I doubt that they are identical.

As for being the first to take the plunge I will leave that for someone with a bigger equipment budget than me.

Back