I want to "speed up" my MIDI recording...

ReDRuM

So here's the problem...

I'm using Drumkit from Hell 2 in Cubase and I don't know how to speed up the already programmed drums... Is there a way to do it or do I have to set the exact tempo before I start writing MIDI... :confused:

Thank you...

In the transport window there is a box that shows the BPM. Change it here. If it reverts to the original setting when you hit play, click on the Word "Track" next to the BPM display, which will change to "Fixed" (Good if the whole song is to remain the same tempo throughout). Or, leave it set to Track, and open up your Tempo Track and manually adjust your tempo graphically (You need to use this method if you are going to change the tempo within the song). Also in the top space of the Tempo Track you can insert meter changes too (i.e. 4/4, 6/4, 2/2 etc. (Or you can do it in the Transport window, if your using "Fixed")).

???????????????????????????

Are the MIDI tracks locked??? There is a little padlock symbol for each track, if it is closed it is locked, if it is open it is free to be edited. That's all I got off the top of my head.

I'll be going to the studio tonight, I'll see if I can replicate your problem some how.

I'm 95% sure there's a setting somewhere that defines wheither or not midi data is "glued" to the grid, if you will, or if it is free from the grid. I don't know where that can be changed though.

DUHHHH!!! I'm an idiot. I must have had a Brain Fart.

Forget the whole padlock thing. Right to the left of the Padlock, you are probably going to see a button with a picture of a clock on it. If you do, good news. It means the track is set to Linear Timebase (Which ignores Tempo all together, and locks the track to actual linear time (i.e. Minutes/Seconds etc.). If you see the clock, click on it, and the button should now turn into a Quarter Note which represents Musical Timebase. Your tracks should now respond to your tempo changes.

Back