I Want My MP3!...Check it out..Please?

Dougie Johnson

Well Allright..
I posted these recordings I just finished with Mark Seyler,
my best buddy. We are playing all the instruments, and would like some feedback on the songs!
I am doing the guitars & basses, but not allowed to come within 500 feet of a micrphone with the intention to sing,
so Mr. Seyler is doing that (Singing drummers!).
He's at: http://www.mp3.com/markseyler
All input, positive or negative, is appreciated.
Thanks
DJ

Hey Dougie,

I listened to Thin Ice, like it a lot. Had a kind of old fashoned charm, nice for a change.

And I don't know if you were trying, but the snare and cymbal had a very thin ice treble sound.

Also liked the solo, playing and tone!! Also liked the kick drum tone.

This is going to be one of those songs, that sticks in my head.

P.S. Tell the floating head, smoking may be hazardous to his health.

Dougie, your URL is taking me directly to the mp3.com homepage.

Might be another mp3.com problem that will go away in a few hours or so, but you may want to check it out and send a trouble ticket...

GT:
Thanks for the upbeat comments.
Yeah..The drum sound is thin. It was recorded on my Yamaha DTX Digital drum set. Haven't mastered it yet, but have been told you can get a pretty good sound out of them.

Dobro & Teddie:
They just changed the way to link to pages at mp3.com,
so I'll have to find out how that is.
Thanks for telling me.

DJ

I got the home page at mp3,com when i clicked on the url also. I decided to search markseyler and got it that way. Both tunes had a smoothness and groove that I liked. The second on sounded like the Beatles and Ray Charles visit Big Bopper for a little jam session. "Not allowed to come within 500 ft of a microphone with the intent to sing" that's funny.

Ray J:
Thanks for the comments..If you'd heard me sing, you'd know what I speak of :-)
I like your analogy of "The Beatles meets Ray Charles & The Big Bopper"...It was meant to sound kida like "Guitarzan" by Ray Stevens...So you're close!!
DJ

Smooth's the word..downloaded them last nite after using the search thang at mp3.com...gibs

Yep, I agree that smooth is the word! Nice guitar work.

I didn't like the snare at all though...too wimpy, almost fake. And the ride was very inconsistant.

I really like the tone of your lead guitar during the end solos, very warm. The panning was cool too...not realistic...but cool none-the-less.

Good work!

Slackmaster 2000

Mr. Slack:
The leads were done on my Les Paul through my POD direct.
You are right about the drum sound. Does Mr. Seyler an injustice, being the great drummer he is. Next time I'll mike him up playing his Yamaha Custom Studio Kit...DOH!
Glad you liked the leadwork, though!
Thanks for the critique...
DJ

Back