I wanna listen 2!!!!!

BTW, so you know, I listen to tunes from NWR about 8-10 hours a day, almost every day. I don't think I could possibly comment on every one I've heard, or even remember every one I've heard!

W.

Nothing but news on the teli, so what the hell.

Only thing that really bugs me is the acoustic rythm, during the slow sections, a little bit too much up front, and too high.

Bass also sounds slightly distorted occasionally (listening flat).

Do I hear keys in the bg? Bring them a little more forward! Real quiet in some places, okay in others.

Nothing else really jumps out at me right now.

Now, being a northern cowboy... Never mind ;)

W.

P.S., not kidding about the one ear thing either...

P.S., not kidding about the one ear thing either...
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Thanks for checking it out man, hell your pretty kool for a northern cowboy:p

Appreciate it Sami!!

B.SABBATH said:
that's a smokin' lead @3:50.. yeah the vocals are loud.. the drums are low except for the cymbals.. needs better bass support..

I brought the vocs out a bit too much in the latest mix. And I brought the low end down because of rumbling issues.... Just a bit more rework and I want to redo the vocs with a condenser Im going to get soon...
Thanks for the listen Sami.

You know I read the davinci code recently and it spelled the word for God as

Yahweh (pronounced Jehovah)

So just curious, is your name Axe 4 God?

Khompewtur said:
You know I read the davinci code recently and it spelled the word for God as

Yahweh (pronounced Jehovah)

So just curious, is your name Axe 4 God?
No offence to my Jewish Bros but actually, it's God's Name. Jehovah is the Anglicized version of it. It's actually pronounced Yah-way.

It's generally translated as the LORD (with all uppercase letters) in the Bible.

I'm AKA BluesAxe4Christ at CMF, HC, Peavey Formum, and Carvin Forum.

CR ><>

barefoot,

No, yer there, 1st page!

CR, I'll have to listen tomorrow now, only reason I'm still up is because a band I haven't heard from in a while decided to call me with an 'update' and a hundred questions!

Gotta run, 5AM wake-up call, 5:30AM clock into work time!

W.

Ack, just got a break from work, but have to head back out and help record a band tonight.... I'll be back at it soon, I promise!

W.

Hey Waldo,
Thanks for the advice man,
I am gonna re-track and take your comments under advisement.
Thanks again man,
Joe

Oookay, I'm back at it as I got the day off. Sorry I took so long!

CR,

His Hand:

Right off that bat it sounds like you are going for that 'live blues' sound. Typically that means less bottom, but more would help (listening flat).

Bass needs more balls. Kick is a bit 'poppy'.

Vocals could use a bit more compression, higher threshold. Eq them a bit lower, maybe a bit more verb or some chorus.

Other than that, not bad!

W.

Rickster,

It's been a looong time since I've seen you guys. Let me know when/where you are playing next, I'm gonna need some 'stress relief' soon if you know what I mean ;)

Listened to 'No title yet':

Drums are sounding much better, some things I noticed:

Snare is really snappy, maybe a bit tight. I noticed that's how it's been played on stage though, so it might work fine.

Toms are lower (frequency) than the kick, and got more punch/draw, so I'd probably raise that kick up a bit and give it some more balls.

Cymbals sound nice and crisp, but a bit far back in the mix, a tiny (and I mean just a tiny, tiny) bit forward would help, as being that far back they fake you into thinking they're 'crunchy' and gated.

That's 'bout all I can think of at the moment!

W.

Back