I think I need an analog mixer

oneArtist

I just ordered a RME Multiface/PCI version and I use Samplitude Producer and Emagic Gold, I also have a Fostex D824 HDR(24bit/96K ADAT) and a Tascam TM-D1000 digital mixer. I'm planning to replace the TMD but with what? What is a favorite way of getting Rode NTK tube mic/PresonusMP20 signals into Multiface as well as the HDR?
Maybe I would be better to start with a Mackie analog mixer and then feed the D824?
All sugggestions appreciated
Chuck

You could keep the TMD (it looks like a nice mixer though I have never seen one) and invest in some nice analog mic-pre's. You can record through the mic-pre straight to the disk.

Kevin.

The D824 HDR has high quality 24bit/96K converters but it comes with 8 unbalanced I/O. There is an option card that has balanced I/O.
One option I'm looking at is a very unique preamp from Focusrite called "Octopre". It's a class A 8 ch preamp/processor/ADAT or AES/EBU etc. front end to a HDR or DAW. I'm thinking of putting this in front of the D824 and transfering all 8 tracks through ADAT. The ADAT option card combines 2X ADAT(16chs) to send 8ch @96K. Focusrite is a British company that we may hear a lot from if this unit does what it claims.

Chuck

Back