I think I am getting there with this mix, uk punk song

Spazhands

'ere mate
I recorded a few months back and have since switched to Reaper, I am sure it has had a positive effect on my mixes. What do you guys think of this one. I am aware one of the guitars may be slightly out of tune :spank: I am going to blame a dodgy tuner :rolleyes: That track will be replaced at some point but I am after an overall critique as this could well be part of an ep if I can get it sounding good enough. Cheers fellas.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12068688&q=hi

Last edited:
I think for a punk song it is very quiet, had to crank my volume, but perhaps that's my system.

Sounds just like the 70's, so well done.

Seems a decent mix.

The toms seem to be panned a little wide. I keep on hearing the one tom on the far left, and it seems a little out of place.

Otherwise, nothing really sticks out as bad.

Cheers, I am battling with my monitoring at the moment, I am cross referencing against different systems nearly every adjustment I make :( As for the tom, I hear what you are saying; I have drum replacement on it and have since blended with the original a little more and moved it right a fraction.
This is exactly why this forum is a handy resource, the more ears the better! Thanks

Back