I Scored ...........

gcapel

boom box recordings
........one of these really cheap

Anyone have this mic? What application is best? I have only played with it on acoustic guitar. To me it's pretty transparent.

Attachments

• oktava219.jpg
    oktava219.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 100
Looks like a prop from stargate universe.

It's bigger cousin the 319 is supposedly better. I've seen those go for $125 used on craigslist. Supposedly similar in traits to an MD421. So drums, brasses, and other things might work well with it. There's a 319 mod out there, not sure if it's the same for 219 though. Not sure what it does either. I've never had one of those myself. I almost had a 319, but the guy selling it ended up being 40 miles on the far side of town. Which didn't work for me since I too live 40 miles outside of town, on the other side of town.

I've got one, but mine's not transparent. (I'm not disputing your opinion, just acknowledging the inconsistencies in the 219). Mine's a bit dark, and I found it useful on a number of brighter things (yep, guitar included) like female vox that needed to be tamed. As I recall (it's been a while since I've used it) mine has almost a ribbon-like quality to the sound.

I've got one, but mine's not transparent. (I'm not disputing your opinion, just acknowledging the inconsistencies in the 219). Mine's a bit dark, and I found it useful on a number of brighter things (yep, guitar included) like female vox that needed to be tamed. As I recall (it's been a while since I've used it) mine has almost a ribbon-like quality to the sound.

cool deal... Possibly overhead. I guess I need two for that. I will goto the guitar cab next.

I guess i said transparent base on experiences with cheap LDC's.

THnks

I have one and I love it! I got mine at a Pawn Shop for $75

For vocals at least with my mid baritone/tenor voice it sounds smooth and without the normal buzzy hype most marshall mics have...

I thought it was ok on acoustic guitar, but I have other things that worked better...

We really liked it on cello when we made the last album!

I have heard you can use it on drums, but I don't record those so I have no idea what results would be...

I did do a basic mod to it and took one of the small plastic disks off the front of the capsule and that is all that has been done, once I had tried it on my voice I said "no more mods" and have kept it at that.... I would like to buy another one for modding out, and using with the cello recordings...

Back