I really need help delta 1010 or....

Rassizzm

I want to know if its possible to link 3 or 4 delta 1010 or 3 or 4 layla24 so I can do 24-32 tracks of digital audio...

depending on if this works I'm going to get the mackie 32-8 or the 24-8 and have the 1010 or layla outputs go to the mackie so I can use either the computer fx's/plugins or outboard gear compressers or what ever and from the out puts of the mackie I can go straight to dat or dump back to my computer for more editing....

my questions 3 or more delta 1010's
or 3 or more layla's

and the only anser i need is YES or NO

Delta 1010 I dont know but I assume you could.
Layla yes. You will need a pci slot for each one.
4 pci slots equal 32 tracks.

Duck

Stupid question, but do you really need to record 24-32 tracks simultaneously?

With a program like Cakewalk and a single Delta 1010, you could record somewhere up to 128 tracks of music - you just wouldn't be able to record them simultaneously. You would be limited to only 8 at a single time.

However, this would still give you 6-7 tracks for drums and a track for bass. Once you lay down the drums and bass you can add additional tracks on top of these. These new tracks would still be "individual" tracks with complete editing capabilities - they would not be combined or mingled with the prior existing tracks.

dumping from 3 adats and mixing from mackie 32*8 using both interal efx from computer and exteral processers/enhancers

theres not alot of plugins that I like and they don't do the job that I want...

Back