I ran out of soda, will buy some more tomorrow

This is the best song I've heard from you so far.Excellent dynamics throughout the song.Vocals are really good and the lead guitar playing and choice of licks is right on the mark.Vocal melody is cool.This is like a blast from the past of classic rock,yet it is still pretty original.I dig it man.

[Edit to add]
That lead guitar stuff at the end from 3:25 'ish on is killer and those harmony'ish(not really harmonies I dont think,but sounds like it with the licks blending with the chord progressions) guitars at the very end are SWEET.

I like that drum sound - I never put reverb on kick, but you get away with it here. No timing issues - it's all tight, although that bit from 3.07-3.09 sounds like it's falling apart a bit.

What kinda synth are you using? - you get a much better sound than I do with Fruity Loops. I think that synth surge at 2.10 is a little loud. The glock at 2.40 is a bit too bright or tinny or something - there's an insinuating insistence to synth stuff sometimes that quite sit well.

It's a workable melody - you got any words? You gonna get them sung? You want me to do it? :D

Nice tune - you're a long way on the road to having got there.

Very nice. Interesting arrangement and structure, great singing.

The lead guitar playing is top notch, and the tone is perfect, but I think it needs less reverb - it should be further forward when the solos take centre stage.

The most recent mix is MUCH better - everything is breathing more, and that "dull" sound has gone.

More cymbals, and turn up the ones you've got. :)

Good stuff.

AB

Ok, coming up for air. Partied my ass off last night. Perhaps a bit too much, seems everyone is annoyed with me today :( Don't know why i always seem to attract that sort of attention Perhaps it was getting super wasted and knocking over a tray of appetizers as I fell on my ass?? :confused: Hmm.. hard to tell.

Then went into Manhatty and my car broke down on Broadway, what a sucky day.

Anywho, thanks for the feedback..

skids - Hey buddy, i answered you in PM. Again thanks for the direction, much needed and much appreciated.

M.Brane - I think finally i learned what "compression distortion" sounds like. It was a concept i never grasped before but I like these kind of epiphanies. One day hopefully for that real kit.
10-31-2003 19:50

jjtcorsair - Thanks for the very kind words jj. Yep you nailed it, to this point I hadn't been able to pin it down but i think it reminds me of a Petty opening. Thanks for the review, you also nailed that glitch. Will fix.

Kramer - Thanks very much, much appreciated. There are actually two harmony notes in the guitars at the end, so you did have it right. It was brief though, but i like the idea that it makes the ear hear "implied" harmony.

dobro - Whew i'm really glad i finally didn't get banged on a drum comment Heh! That comment works on 2 levels! ehh.. scuse me feeling majorly retarded today, hungover. I'm learning fruity loops ever so slowly but the reverb was put on the whole kit in Sonar. I didn't use any synths for anything except the drums, so i'm not sure what the glock is are you talking about the tamborine splashes in certain parts? Anyway, thank you very much for the review.

alibish - Thanks very much for the review, i was hoping you would come back with more stuff soon. Can't rave enough about "Excellent Girl". Tryin to be careful with those fake cymbals. I figure if i keep em quiet maybe no one will look at em
;) :D

Very good song you've written! I listened on headphones and everything sounds right, but the overall mix seems to be lacking some in the high-end department (or maybe it is just me...)

You have a lot of great changes and this is a fine piece of writing!

Nice job!

:D

Back