I need to switch l and right channel? please help need answer ASAP

Johnalex

I am doing a project for recording class. I was in the big studio and accidentaly recorded the left channel and right channel reverse of what they should be. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this mistake in Sonar.

I need what is in the left channel to be in teh righ tchannel ...and what is in the right channel to be in the left channel.

Thank you ..project is due tomarrow mornign ...please help ASAP!!...thanks

Johnalex said:
I am doing a project for recording class.

what kind of class can you possibly be in, that didn't teach you how to "PAN" your tracks?

Maybe you need to crack the binding on the book!!!!

nah it is Intro to AUdio Rec Techniques. Yes I do know how to pan. When recording I was rushed and accidentaly routed the wrong mic to the wrong channel. It has already been recorded to the CD...so now I have to fix it with my own stuff now. :(

Hopefully someone can help me

Ok then, just testing!

Do you have soundforge or other audio editor?

If not do a search for a d/l-able one (free or fully functional demo) and install. http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/2001-20-0.html is a good place to look. just type audio editor in the search.

Record the playback of the cd into it, (how depends on your equipment)

Then look for a tool to reverse sterio or something like that.

Reburn

Cakewalk is not the best tool for 2 track editing. I'm not very familliar with the built in tools for doing that type of stuff but I'm sure it can be done.

Sound Forge is my first choice for this (not sure if the demo is fully functional though).

just split the stereo track to two mono tracks (ie bounce to track) and then bounce it back to a stereo track again with the correct panning. it should take you all of two minutes.

I owe you my life!!!. You my friend are my savior, I could worship you right now. Soudn Forge did the job. Thank you soo much.

yes I invented that. I just farted into a radioshack mic and added some delay and reverb. Then preset it as an EQ setting. :) hehehe

Sorry about my crappy typing. The batteries in the keyboard were going dead.

off topic rant,

That reminds me of my teenage years, a friend of mine loaded a tape of pink floyd - dark side, set at the explosion part, into a big speaker 80's sterio at radio shack in a very busy mall. turns everything all the way up and we just waited for someome to hit play. eventually someone did. people were diving everywhere, it was great. I wonder what ever happened to that crazy bastard.

I'm a HUGE Pink Floyd-fan. And Dark Side of the Moon is the best album ever...

BUT what "explosive part" are you talking about? When the plane crashes at the end of "On the run"?

moskus said:
I'm a HUGE Pink Floyd-fan.
Well, I'm only a 6' tall Pink Floyd fan. :)
And Dark Side of the Moon is the best album ever...
DSOTM is the only Floyd album I have. I still have the vinyl edition and the 25th Anniversary CD edition. A classic album.

--
BluesMeister

Back