I need to know about midi controllers for guitar...

delirium trigge

Hell, I control Amplitube 3, a digitech 1101, and a friends axe fx ultra when we play live. He allows me to borrow his controller for the axe fx, and honestly, I don't like it much and it's the one recommended to come with it.

Right now I have two, I have the HD500 POD, and I do not use the amps and stuff on there, I use it as a midi controller. It's real easy because the screen tells me what CC number im going to and im able to save all of them as well as values, etc. It is the easiest controller I've ever used.

The problem is, even though it's so easy, there are limitations. I'd like something that looked like the FCB 1010 with two expressions pedals that would NOT simply just control the banks but do more.

If it doesn't have expression pedals on it, as long as I can add them in, I'll be fine.

Last night I posted a post about my hd500 not longer midi controlling amplitube 3. I had to reinstall amplitube 3, over 5 times and finally it worked. It isn't my interface, I tried multiple interfaces. But I've been ready for a new midi controller regardless.

I want one that I can program with amplitube, my digitech 1101, and then my own axe fx if I get one in the future.

I don't want to press 5 buttons down at once to change a CC number. On the HD500 you just turn a knob to which cc number you want and that's it. Or you can turn it to program change and it'll change amps. It'll switch more than one pedal off and on at the same time. As many as I want actually. It seems its better than anything I've tried, but I know there has to be better out there.

I'm in a band situation where I'm gonna need something live and for the studio. The fcb1010 doesn't count because changing banks isn't enough for me. I do not have the uno chip. (If you know a way to do other wise let me know.)

I don't want to bring the hd 500 and something happen to it. It's more of a studio device to control amp sims.

Basically im asking, what are you using, why do you use it? How simply is it? If it doesn't have a big screen like the hd 500, does it have software like the hd500 where I can change it on the computer?

Back