I need to build a drum iso booth

wyr2hs

I want to build a non permanant iso booth to curl around the drum stage i built ( what it looks like http://www.geocities.com/StoneWallstudios ) It needs to be two 4 feet sides and one 34 ince side and the other sides are the walls. Does anyone have an suggestions or know of any websites that shows how to build iso panels.
Marshall Frye

How much isolation are you hoping to get? Without a roof it will still bleed a lot. Your best bet is probably some 3/4" plywood covered with OC703 facing the drummer. Put some 703 on the back wall to help keep the sound from bouncing back out of the booth.

I would suggest that you pick up a glass sliding door somewhere (hopefully used or on sale) and then build two by six stud walls on each side of the sliding door. A number of studios use this approach. It seems to be effective and it looks sharp.

Non permanent islolation booth sounds self-contradictory. It it is really going to isolate it is going to be heavy enough to be permanent. Maybe what you are looking for is some of the do it yourself gobos that there have been several posts about.

Back