I Need Help

ALEXUS09

HELLO AND SORRY ABOUT MY ENGLISH!!!!

I`M STARTING WHIT MY LITTLE HOME STUDIO AND I HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

MY HARDWARE:KEYBOARD(KORGX3) - MIXER (BERINGHER MX602A)- MIC - AND A PC WHITH CAKEWALKC 9.0 PRO AUDIO AND A SOUND SYSTEM.THE SOUND CARD IS GENERIC NOTHING SPECIAL.

LAYOUT: THE KEYBOARD AND MIC ARE CONNECTED TO DE MIXER , AND THE MIXER IS CONNECTED TO THE PC LINE IN PORT(SOUND CARD). THE PC IS CONNECTED FROM LINE OUT(SOUND CARD) TO THE SOUND SYSTEM(VIDEO AUX).

PROBLEM:WHEN I RECORDED MIDI NO PROBLEM.
WHEN I RECORDED AUDIO IN OTHER TRACK I HEARD THE AUDIO AND THE MIDI THAT I RECORDED BEFORE ON THE SAME TRACK.

I CAN`T ISOLATE THE TRACKS TO RECORD.

HOW I HAVE TO CONNECT ALL THIS FOR RECORD AND MONITORING AUDIO AND MIDI?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Ummm, make sure you unarm the tracks you DONT want to record over... only the track you are using should be armed for recording...
Solo the new channel and make sure that what you're hearing isn't coming fromthe other tracks you already recorded.

I think I see your problem. You need a direct output of the channel IN THE MIXER that you are designating as the source to be recorded. Using the main outputs of the mixer is sending your keyboard audio that you have previously recorded as well as your vocal that you are trying to record to the input of your recording software. The main output of your mixer should be patched to your monitoring system and whatever source you're trying to record needs to use a direct channel out to the computer. Your mixer needs to be equiped with either a direct channel out or use a channel insert as a direct out and I don't believe the Behringer model you have has either. If it does, you need to use that. I hope this makes sense to you.

Nope, the Behringer doesn't have channel inserts. Are you trying to record both the keyboard and the mic at the same time? If what Track Rat said, is your problem then what you can do it pan your keyboard left and your mic right then run the left and right main output into different inputs on your soundcard (that is, if you have more than one input one your soundcard).

Is that your problem or are you recording one at a time? ie. the keyboard onto one track and then recording the mic afterwards, but the sound of the mic is being recorded onto the keyboard track too. If this is the case then unarm the track of the keyboard, like tubedude suggested.

Check your sound card too... many have a feature where you can have it record everything that's being routed through it. With my SB Live it's called "What U Hear." Look at the Windows mixer recording section. Make sure just the MIDI synth is selected for recording, and not the "What U Hear" setting....

Panning channels

Tekker, if you pan the keyboard to the left and the mic to the right on the mixer, then surely you don't need to have two inputs on your soundcard?

You can just set up your audio recording to record left and right on seperate tracks. You'll end up with the keyboards on one track and the mic on the next, so you can edit them indepentantly. Or am I missing something?

:)

NS

NationalSandwic,

You can do it with one input, but you have to make sure that the input on the soundcard, the Y-splitter, and the 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor are all stereo otherwise the keyboard and mic will end up on both tracks, and even then it doesn't always work. I'm having that problem right now, my soundcard = stereo, Y-splitter = stereo, 1/4 to 18 adaptor = stereo, and when I record two instruments panned right and left on my mixer both instruments wind up on both tracks, no separation at all. I have know idea why it's not working, and it's been a pain trying to figure out why, when it clearly should be.

I just think it's a lot easier to have more than one input.

Chanel insert?

Thanks to everybody for reply me.

I`m really frustrated. I just want to record audio and midi and i found that it`s not easy.

Track Rat and Tekker said taht my mixer don`t have channel inserts!!! What are "chanels inserts"? the explanation of Track Rat it`s very helpful but i don`t find the solution!!! What i need exactly? How i have to make the connections?

thanks !!!

MX602A

relax ALEXUS09,

I am using MX602A too, so I understand ur problem....

602A doesn't have channel insert....

are you connecting the output of the mixer to your soundcard line-in to record yor instrument? to have isolation, you have to use the AUX SEND as the output.

meaning, you have to connect AUX SEND to your soundcard LINE-IN.
let's say you want to record channel 1, then just turn the AUX knob of channel 1 so that the audio signal from channel 1 will be sent through AUX SEND and into the soundcard.

I know my explanation is not so clear, but I hope it helps.

LOOKING THE POINT

LEEKING:

I THINK TODAY I CAN FIND THE SOLUTION WHIT YOUR ADVICE!!!!

HERE IN ARGENTINA ARE 4:08 MORNING.

I`M GOING TO TRY THIS LATER AND THEN I SAY YOU THE RESULTS!!!!!

THANKS FRIEND AND SORRY ABOUT MY ENGLISH

GREATE SOLUTION LEEKING!!!!

LEEKING:

YOUR SOLUTION WAS VERY GOOD!!! THANKS YOU VERY MUTCH!!!!

I CONNECTED FROM AUX SEND(MIXER) TO LINE IN ON THE (SOUND CARD) AND FROM LINE OUT ON THE SOUND CARD TO THE "ESTEREO AUX RETURN" ON THE MIXER FOR MONITOR THE AUDIO.

THEN FROM MAIN OUT (MIXER) TO THE SOUND SYSTEM.

YOU THINK IT`S ALL RIGHT?

HOW I DO WHEN I RECORDED AUDIO, THE MIC DON`T
CATCH THE SOUND OF THE MONITORING MIDI?

THANKS A LOT EVERIBODY!!!!!

ALEXUS09 said:
LEEKING:

YOUR SOLUTION WAS VERY GOOD!!! THANKS YOU VERY MUTCH!!!!

I CONNECTED FROM AUX SEND(MIXER) TO LINE IN ON THE (SOUND CARD) AND FROM LINE OUT ON THE SOUND CARD TO THE "ESTEREO AUX RETURN" ON THE MIXER FOR MONITOR THE AUDIO.

THEN FROM MAIN OUT (MIXER) TO THE SOUND SYSTEM.

YOU THINK IT`S ALL RIGHT?

Glad to help.... as long as it works ok with you, then it's fine.... for me, I connect my soundcard LINE-OUT straight to TAPE-IN of the mixer instead of AUX-RETURN.

HOW I DO WHEN I RECORDED AUDIO, THE MIC DON`T
CATCH THE SOUND OF THE MONITORING MIDI?

err, are you saying how to record voice without recording the sound that is coming out of your speakers?
I guess the best way is to use a headphone when recording audio, instead of using your speakers so that the mic will only catch your voice.

LEEKING:

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!

I`M GOING TO BUY A HEADPHONE LIKE YOU SAY TO RECORD AUDIO AND A GOOD MIC FOR VOICE.

WHITCH HEADPHONE AND MIC DO YOU RECOMMEND TO ME?

DO YOU HEARD SOME NOISE (NO TO MUTCH) FROM YOUR SOUND CARD ?

DO YOU HEARD SOME NOISE FROM THE MIC?

IT`S NORMAL? OR THE PROBLEM IS MY CHEAP SOUND CARD AND MIC?

I CAN AVOID THIS?

THANK YOU FRIEND AND SORRY ABOUT ALL MY QUESTION!!!

YOU UNDERSTAND TO ME VERY WELL!!!!

ALEXUS09 said:

WHITCH HEADPHONE AND MIC DO YOU RECOMMEND TO ME?
I can see that Tekker has already recommended you some brands of mic to get.... you can follow his advice and see which one fits your budget.
For headphones, since you're just using it to listen to backing music while recording vocal, then just a normal one will do... Sony, RadioShack... whatever.... :)
I am using Apex(Yorkville) condenser mic and headphone, they are not EXTREMELY good but they are pretty cheap. :)

DO YOU HEARD SOME NOISE (NO TO MUTCH) FROM YOUR SOUND CARD ?

DO YOU HEARD SOME NOISE FROM THE MIC?

IT`S NORMAL? OR THE PROBLEM IS MY CHEAP SOUND CARD AND MIC?

I CAN AVOID THIS?

Get better mic and soundcard.

I am using SoundBlaster Live! Value which is cheap and good (no noise at all!). Go get one now and thank me later!! :)

Back