I Need Help!

scottfisher

Hey guys! I recently purchased a Firebox and one mic. My friend and I are doing acoustic sessions, but she cant play the guitar parts unless I sing along with her. The problem is, we only have one mic and I want to get each peice on its seperate track.

Does anyone have any creative ideas? I need her to be able to hear me sing, but without my voice being picked up by the mic while she plays the song. I know, so amateur! Thanks.

why dont you record a track with her(with you singing), have her listen to that over and over..practice it and come back and record again....shell get it eventually.Or why not sing with her??why dont you want your voice on it??have you thought about yall doing harmony?
scottfisher said:
Hey guys! I recently purchased a Firebox and one mic. My friend and I are doing acoustic sessions, but she cant play the guitar parts unless I sing along with her. The problem is, we only have one mic and I want to get each peice on its seperate track.

Does anyone have any creative ideas? I need her to be able to hear me sing, but without my voice being picked up by the mic while she plays the song. I know, so amateur! Thanks.

Make a basic recording of both of you at the same time. Then play that back through headphones you wear while recording your voice only. Finally record just her playing while she's listening to just your voice track through the headphones.

G.

Find another cheap mic from somewhere, plug that into channel 2 of the firebox and the acoustic in channel 1. You sit in one room with the pc, your friend sits in another room with the recording mic and headphones (headphone output from firebox) so she can hear both you and herself. You'll be able to hear what she's playing via computer speakers.
Both tracks will reach the pc, but should be on seperate tracks, so you can delete and re-record your vocals when the time comes...

Back