I need help setting up 1616M.

WinstonCowboy

Hey... okay, not sure what the problem be... I have everything hooked up and installed.... in Cubase under VST inputs, I have E-DSP WAVE 1 & 2 (IN 1/2) selected. In the mixer view of the track I'm recording I have, the same inputs selected (IN 1 & 2). In the microdock... I have a mono channel, with Mic/line A - and I am getting a signal... which shows up on the Main mix meter on the microdock.

When I go back to the mixer view for the track, and arm it for record... I can't get the signal to show up... I have the ASIO directX full duplex driver selected under "devices". E-DSP Wave 1 & 2 - for ASIO Input and Output.

In my control panel under "Sounds and Audio devices," I have E-DSP WAVE (FECO) selected for every single device.

I'm new to this... what's the problem?

Thanks.

Hey WC,

I would recommend starting with a default session, such as 44.1/24bit multitrack or something similar, I forget the actual name.
When I first got my 1820m I tried to create my own session, but couldn't get it working... Then, I used a default session and viola! I tweaked that session to my liking, saved it, and have never turned back.

PatchMix, while a bit confusing at first, is just so flexible and useful once you get to know it.

Good luck.

I am able to record... but now I can't hear anything on playback! God, I feel dumb... what are the most basic things to configure so that I can monitor playback through the headphone jack on the 1616m?

Thanks.

Couldn't get it to work.... what are the things to check for on playback? I get the audio recorded... how to playback through the emu or my other system soundcard? Right now... all output is selected on the emu, from what I can see...

Check the OUT in PatchMix to make sure headphones is enabled.
The session I uploaded had it enabled, so that's probably not the problem, but check anyway.

Also, make sure you're using ASIO drivers in Cubase...in the audio options, and make sure you have the recording and playback set to use the 1616m.

Your system doesn't have onboard audio does it? If so, your app may be using it for playback...and it should be disabled.

I don't know... fvcking signal won't show up in the mixer view, again... so I can't record... I reset all defaults on the patchmix, and restarted... plugged the microdock back up... made sure al the settings are the same.. I get the signal in the patchmix... but, not in the mixer view of Cubase, what's up? Damn...

Last edited:
Are you selecting the proper EMU output for the channel in Cubase?
Is the track armed?

You should never need to unplug/replug the dock...just connect it and leave it.

Hey... I'm on a laptop... that's why I unplug and replug... anyway! I got this thing a working.... OH YEA! DAMN... finally, after three days... and boy was it worth the wait. I can't believe how good this thing sounds.... it's fvcking crazy... this is exactly what I was hoping for... and bingo bango... now I have it.

Just one thing... how can I do like a direct monitor through the headphones on the dock, while listening to playback through the same headphone output? You know what I mean? So I can multitrack... I can get the direct monitor through the headphones... but I can only get playback through the laptop speakers... I'm having trouble routing it back to the microdock... what do I setup in the patchmix, to accomplish this... so I can listen (through the headphones on the front of the dock) to the playback of the tracks I have already recorded, while monitoring the live track I'm recording over it.

Thanks.

Oh yeah...laptops...

As for your monitoring question...use that session I sent you...everything should work fine.

Hey... I'm trying to record with two inputs at once... a mic, and direct guitar on the other input... but in the Patchmix... to get the signal into Cubase, I have to put a send on the channel... to the WAVE L/R - Host, before I can record into Cubase... the problem is that, when I add a 2nd strip for Mic B input... I try to create a send to WAVE L/R but it's greyed out... because I already used it on Mic A channel... what's up with that?

Are you using ASIO drivers in Cubase? Audio/options/properties etc..
The session I sent had an ASIO strip all ready to go.

If you are using ASIO in Cubase, you should be able to assign the Dock outputs to the Cubase channel strips, and have all of them work without individual tweaking.

Don't know... if I don't put the send to wave L/R on the Mic A channel... than I can't record into Cubase... it's weird... because... this would mean I can only record one channel at a time... if I remove the send to wave L/R from the Mic A strip... I instantly loose the signal in the Cubase mixer... I must need to change something else around... because this asio OUT isn't working either... I still can't hear playback through the 1616m.

Creating the WAVE L/R strip and putting the send to wave L/R on that, doesn't work... I get no signal and can't record in Cubase, with either of the mic inputs on the microdock.

It sounds to me like you are using WDM drivers in your recording software.

Make sure it's set to ASIO drivers.

Hey, no... I needed to set it to EMU ASIO.. instead of ASIO Full Duplex... GOT THIS BITCH WORKING PERFECT!

What a fvcking dream... can't believe how cool this little piece of gear is, with the Patchmix and all... it's like alien technology I swear.

Anyway.... thanks so much for taking the time to help, really appreciate that.

Back