i need help! plz

Sebcore

Wassup yall,i need help from those who makes the hiphop beats..me and my friend are starting a lil groupe and i said i can make the beats.But the thing is, i cant seem to make good beats with my fruity loops.The sounds that comes with it are like teckno sounds or something..The drums are aright but the rest suck..i dunno how some of you guys make hiphop with that.Like i need some real instruments like bass,brass(trompette ect..)pianno ect..

I dont have money to buy the samples so if someone could help me with that it would be really appreciated.
And the other thing is ,i was thinkin maby i need some program to sample songs or parts of songs..u know what i mean?Like take a part from a song and put it in my beat. I seen a guy once on the site who was explaning that and id like to have some informations on that..
tx peace

NEVER put down FL!...just kidding alot of da guys round here helped me out with that prob...I downloaded 2 gigs of sounds from da FL site.Also REEK, Ment, and D Ease posted a link 4 free sounds I just cant find them right now hopfully theyll help u out if i dont first

I don't think I've ever seen a prog where all you would ever need (or want) was in the supplied kits. As for FL you probably want to invest in some soundfonts. Look for them in .sf2 format. You could do a google on free soundfonts and get a gang of good sounds. It would amp up your FL sounds 10x.

As for progs to chop up samples you could do that a lot of different ways. Some people choose to use the same program that they record audio in like Cubase or Pro Tools (because they can chop audio very easily). You could also look into ReCycle (by Propellerhead software) as well.

stock FL sounds = no no.

motif kicks = no no.

either you invest a lot of time into sampling your own shit... or you'll end up using the same sounds as 50 million wack fucks out there.

REEK BROCK said:
Post what you made so far.Lets see where you at.

how do i post something??

ok i got power track10 to record but i dunno if i can samples parts with that?and how..
Also is that legal??

REEK BROCK said:
Have you made a complete beat yet?

I just open an account at soundclick,i think i have to wait till they clear it or something..Assoon as its ready ill post the beat im working on right now.

Making beats in FL Studio

what up Sebcore, I live and die by Fruityloops. I've been using this program since version #1. Yes you will need to find better sounds to get the most out of the program. I suggest using a search engine and searching for "one shot sound samples" or "instrument samples", this should get you started. Also the most important thing, and I stress, LEARN THE PROGRAM INSIDE AND OUT. This is a very powerful program and in many cases might just be all that you need for production. Well just adding my 2 cents. Check out some of my productions on www.myspace.com/mcellg like i said, i am a proud user of FRUITYLOOPS !!

Call Me Cell said:
what up Sebcore, I live and die by Fruityloops. I've been using this program since version #1. Yes you will need to find better sounds to get the most out of the program. I suggest using a search engine and searching for "one shot sound samples" or "instrument samples", this should get you started. Also the most important thing, and I stress, LEARN THE PROGRAM INSIDE AND OUT. This is a very powerful program and in many cases might just be all that you need for production. Well just adding my 2 cents. Check out some of my productions on www.myspace.com/mcellg like i said, i am a proud user of FRUITYLOOPS !!

I like your music and your production is tight too!

Holla!

Call Me Cell said:

Hi tx for the reply! Im wondering what u think about making beats only with sound samples..Like to achieve a beat with long licks from real instruments would i be better to samples likes directly from songs?Insted of builting the melodies notes by notes..Seem to me that it would be easyer to take those parts from songs but then again i dont know nothing about that eather..
tx

well you could do both. I think that the key to a good polished sounding track is having well layered sounds that blend together with the overall track. So what I'm saying is if you have melodies built up from basic sounds try layering a sample (pre-constructed loop) on top of that or vise versa, but be sure not to stray too far away from the main concept of the track. It can't hurt to try.

Back