i need help help help!!!! sonars user especially

fivestarpacheco

ok i want to kno how to get a nice full stereo effect so basically what i have been doing in recording is just one vocal track like this the ps. the vocal trak we are looking at is the one that says "Dont Test" (sorry if its hard to see my camera isnt doing to good)
rwnapu.jpg

so what should i do should i sing it again and try to sound similiar to what the first recording is and then pan it or can i possibly clone the track and pan it left and right when i do tht i kind of get a robotic voice im not sureee im confused i want it to sound full like when you hear a song in car it feels as if the vocals are all around youuu

I'd say 90% of vocals you hear are a single mono track. Vocals are usually most effective right up the middle ( I realize I'm totally gerneralizing, so call off the dogs). So, though it may seem that the vocals are "all around you", which would maybe give you the impression that they're in stereo and panned wide, that's usually not the case. You're probably getting that impression because the vocal track manages to stay "in your face" even with all the instruments going full force. That has more to do with performance, micing technique, mixing skills, etc...

Having said that, vocals are often doubled by singing twice, not by cloning a track. Cloning a track does absolutely nothing other than make it louder. Many songs have the vocals doubled all the way through, many just double them up in the chorus, or on certain parts that you'd want to put more emphasis.

But, even when vocals are doubled (we're talking lead vocals here), they're usually not panned hard right and left. They might be panned, but usually still closer to center.

I read somewhere here in this forum about a technique on lead vocals, some thing about creating 3 tracks of the lead vocals,

Delaying 1 by a few thousands of seconds panning it hard right,
Advancing 1 by a few thousands of a second and panning it left,
Leaving the 3rd in the middle.

Something like that from my bad memory

How do you "stereo widen" a mono track???

And why????
I think that plugin uses different delays and pans them left and right. You'd probably have to read the web site to get more info on the how.

The answer to why is if the song and/or vocal track needs it.

thanks guys im going to take a look at those links and i wanted to show u guys and example of what im talking about here is a link to one of the songs i made and mixed my self u see what i mean by not being all around me mind you this is just one track i didnt double it or anything so do you think that the reason the song doesnt sound the way i want it is beacuse i didnt double my vocals and possibly pan them heres the link
http://hulkshare.com/yu1tlp0z20vz

I didn't really feel like putting any punctuation, but if you want to go around talking shit then go ahead do you. Your probably just some ugly ass geeky looking faggot who sucks some real big dick. Stay out of here if you don't want to help its that simple.

I don't think you need any help man, seems you have life pretty much mastered. Lol.

You must go from one lucky experience to the next hey ?

I honestly don't see any issue with that mix you posted. I wouldn't say that this style is my cup of tea, but I've been in my girlfriend's car enough to know what it should sound like. I think the delay on it, suites it fine enough. And with that Autotune effect on it, adding even more processing to it, might be wayyyy to distracting. It might get to be too much.

And, I'm not exactly sure how autotune works, but Im assuming that if you effect another take, it could sound different. So I would just do what Simbo said, probably your best bet.

Back