i need bass..

Sebcore

Hi, i need to put some bass on a song,is there a program i could download or someting els?i have fruity loops..But dont know what to do with it.
tx

If you want to do bass with fruity loops.....you just have to select which bass you want......then edit what notes in what rhythm you want with the keyboard menu.......then you can arrange your parts with the playlist........I know I didn't do a very good job of explaining........but it should be fairly self explanitory because FL is a very simple program..........

I would recommend using a midi keyboard to play it, or even better, borrow a bass guitar from somebody....

I don't know if I was of any help......but I don't really know what you're working with or what you want to do.....

Before you worry too much about what type of bass to use. I suggest you make sure you know your scales firts. Nothing sounds worse than a song with a horrid, out of key bass line.

I have a few different ways of getting a decent bass sound in FL. The main way is through soundfonts. With regard to FL, a soundfont is basically a sample/collection of samples in one file that can be loaded into the fruity soundfont player and sequenced with the piano roll. Just search for google for free soundfonts and as a rough guide to start off with, download the soundfonts with largest file sizes.

I also often use the 3xOsc with a boo bass in a layer with the volumes of the second and third oscilators right down to pick the bass up.

Play around with delays, reverbs, compression phaser/flanger or whatever you feel like. Just do whatever feels good for the song.

Hope this helps

Enchilada said:
Before you worry too much about what type of bass to use. I suggest you make sure you know your scales firts. Nothing sounds worse than a song with a horrid, out of key bass line.

Knowing your chords helps too. It will help your bass and guitar synch up if the bass notes correspond to notes on the guitar chord.

VomitHatSteve said:
Knowing your chords helps too. It will help your bass and guitar synch up if the bass notes correspond to notes on the guitar chord.
You can play a bass line with notes that aren't in the chord, I actually find bass lines that follow chords boring at times

Hi,i know how to find my notes on the piano roll that matchs with what i play on guitar and ive found a sound a bass that i like in the strings section.Its just that even if i put the bass really low its start to make that weird sound like the bass is too loud..I dont know if u know what i mean?Like the speaker are gonna blow..
Also do u know in the pianno roll what c (like c5) coresspond to the c on the
fourth string of a bass?
TX

You could try EQing out some of the lower bass frequencies, or try a different bass sample - maybe the one you've picked sounds good on its own but is too boomy in the context of the rest of the song.

Sebcore said:
Hi,i know how to find my notes on the piano roll that matchs with what i play on guitar and ive found a sound a bass that i like in the strings section.Its just that even if i put the bass really low its start to make that weird sound like the bass is too loud..I dont know if u know what i mean?Like the speaker are gonna blow..
Also do u know in the pianno roll what c (like c5) coresspond to the c on the
fourth string of a bass?
TX
You probably have the pitch if the bass too low, you don't need the pitch uber low to get good bass, use some eq.

EDIT: just read your Q again, on the 4th string of a bass C is on the 8th fret. If you want to play a c, play the 3rd fret on the 3rd string to make it easier.

Enchilada said:
You probably have the pitch if the bass too low, you don't need the pitch uber low to get good bass, use some eq.

EDIT: just read your Q again, on the 4th string of a bass C is on the 8th fret. If you want to play a c, play the 3rd fret on the 3rd string to make it easier.

ok my song start with a c..what c in the pianno roll correspond to the lowest c on a bass?Like c4 or c5?
and when u change the pitch,does it change the note?
tx

Yes changing the pitch changes the note.

It will depend on what sample/instrument you have as to where c (ie c1, c2, c3. c4, c5 etc.) will correspond to on a real bass.
On a boo bass you'd be best not to go too far below c4

Sebcore said:
ok my song start with a c..what c in the pianno roll correspond to the lowest c on a bass?Like c4 or c5?
and when u change the pitch,does it change the note?
tx
ok tx so i guess my bass was too low..but how can i remove that boom sound with the equalizer?
Also my guitar is tunes in D# so i guess to find my notes for the bass on the pianno roll i alwaise take a note furter than im supose??
tx

If you can Play guitar then you can also play Bass so why not just borrow or Buy a Cheap Bass and do your own Bass Lines??

Cheers

Minion said:
If you can Play guitar then you can also play Bass so why not just borrow or Buy a Cheap Bass and do your own Bass Lines??

Cheers

for some reason i dont know anybody that owns a bass..everybody i know plays guitars and i dont have money to buy a bass and a amp.

Well The Bass I own I paid $75 for Brand new+ $25 shipping so about $100...

It was actually a Kit that I bought that contained a Bass Body and a Neck and all of the Electronix and a Double Coil Humbucker Bass Pickup so I just had to assemble it myself and Carve the Headstock to a Shape I liked and Pained and Stailed and Laquered it and it turned out to be one the Best Bass Guitar I have ever owned but not the First I have Built...

Take a Look at the Pic:

DVC00066.jpg

Cheers

Attachments

• DVC00066.JPG
    DVC00066.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 34
Minion said:
Well The Bass I own I paid $75 for Brand new+ $25 shipping so about $100...

It was actually a Kit that I bought that contained a Bass Body and a Neck and all of the Electronix and a Double Coil Humbucker Bass Pickup so I just had to assemble it myself and Carve the Headstock to a Shape I liked and Pained and Stailed and Laquered it and it turned out to be one the Best Bass Guitar I have ever owned but not the First I have Built...

Take a Look at the Pic:

DVC00066.jpg

Cheers

Hi again,thats really cool!Where do u buy those kits?And is it hard to built?"Carve the Headstock to a Shape I liked and Pained and Stailed and Laquered it" What thats mean?
tx

I had to Carve the headstock (the end of the Neck were the Tuneing Pegs are) as they send you the Kit with the Headstock in a Plain squareish shape so you get to Shape it yourself if you want....

I also had to Stain the Wood as it comes un-Painted ,I could have left it the Plain wood color but I liked the Red Stain color better...After Staining (Painting) i put several layers of Laquer (a Clear Hard protective Coating) to Give the Wood a Shine and Protect it from the elements.....

I got the Kit off of a Company down in South Carolina who Make Instruments and Kits.....

You can also Find other Simular Kits on e-bay for Bass Guitars and Electric Guitars....I have seen Telecaster Kits on ebay for about $70 and Stratocaster Kits for about $100 and Les Paul kits for about $150 and the Bass Kits are usually in the $100 range.....

Here is a Bass Kit for about $120:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SAGA-PB-10-BASS-...422508510QQcategoryZ47067QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It isn"t the Same as Mine but still it is a Fun project to do and is Fairly cheap for a Good Quality Bass.....

Cheers

Back