I need a Soundcard with a USB Port. . .

Kore

I don't need a good one, I just need to locate a cheap one. ANY cheap soundcard with a USB in. Apparently they exist, and it's kind of my job to locate one. Anyone have any pointers?

The Tascam US122 might be what you need. It's been used by some of the members here with good results (or so they say!).

Go to the retailers Dracon mentioned above.

EVERYBODY has a search bar.

Enter "USB soundcard" and hit return. Simple, wasn't it????

Yes, they have search functions.

But I get all soundcards that connect to your computer VIA your computer's USB in. I need a soundcard with USB IN! Yes, weird. And it's not even for me. It's for a friend. If it was my decision, I'd get 2 different cards, but hey, whatever.

But thanks so for for the pointers, all.

Kore said:
Yes, they have search functions.

But I get all soundcards that connect to your computer VIA your computer's USB in. I need a soundcard with USB IN! Yes, weird. And it's not even for me. It's for a friend. If it was my decision, I'd get 2 different cards, but hey, whatever.

But thanks so for for the pointers, all.
What is it you are plugging INTO this sound card that requires a USB in? And what kind of outlet connection do you need - USB also??

Why would the soundcard itself need a USB port?

Any device in a PCI slot has access to the MB USB I/O so this seems redundant.

USB really isn't an "in" or an "out." Data flows both ways so I really have NO idea what your friend is looking for :rolleyes:

Back