I need a small mic for songwriting

e unum pluribus

Is there a decent 3.5 mm mic available for a Macbook? I am out of the country and just need something to "jot" down song ideas, etc... and the internal mic isn't cutting it when it comes to listening to it... usually I like to record the guitar part then listen over and over till I "feel" the melody for the lyrics. I can't stand to listen over and over to the crap that the internal mic produces, it/s all phasy and shrill... ugh... help please, a 10 or 20 dollar plug in mic is what I need...

I think Blue has one...I have a zoom h2 that could be used in the same way...but you wont even need the computer with it.

Or a battery box to power the 3.5mm variety. Not really worth the cash though. I'd go with a usb soundcard with built in mics. Turtle Beach has one about the size of a deck of cards for < $100. Otherwise a USB mic, but those can get pretty big. Not something you pack in a small briefcase with a laptop. Anything beyond $100 and you might as well get a zoom H2 IMO.

Is there a decent 3.5 mm mic available for a Macbook? I am out of the country and just need something to "jot" down song ideas, etc... and the internal mic isn't cutting it when it comes to listening to it... usually I like to record the guitar part then listen over and over till I "feel" the melody for the lyrics. I can't stand to listen over and over to the crap that the internal mic produces, it/s all phasy and shrill... ugh... help please, a 10 or 20 dollar plug in mic is what I need...

Try naiant and don't be shy about emailing your needs/questions. Great response, service and products.

www.naiant.com

Paj
8^)

Back