I need a sampler...

lapieuvre

Hi I need a sampler, I rented the Roland Sp-606. I soon got out of RAM as I used 2 banks of 16 sounds and got a memory full message...

I then might go for soft synth like gigasampler or Vsampler. For my needs for Ram should be like 200-300 megs of RAM which samplers like Sp606 cant offer.

My need is also that I need one sample per note, as I use this for sound effect more than instrument reproduction.

I know I can get gigasampler for 269CDN, so that is my price range.

Thank you for reading me

Thierry

What's your question? It sounds like you have pretty much decided on gigasampler.

I use Kontakt 2, and find it to be a great program. You can build programs easily in it by importing the sound file you want and then dragging it to the key you want to play it. You can then drag the key range around if you want to stretch the sample across several keys, or you can just leave it on key if that's what you want.

Thank you,

I just don't know if gigasampler can do the same as kontakt (one sample per note).

How much is kontakt 2?

Thierry

I think I paid something under $300, but that was a special offer to NI customers that already owned one of their other applications. I'm sure a google search will turn up a bunch of sellers and prices for Kontakt 2.

Back