I might have found a Bug in S3.

rcktdg

In an effort to piss off my bass player I replaced his part in the bridge of a tune I'm working on. After I got the part together the way I wanted it I tried to insert a mute envelope on his track during the section I re-recorded.

When I played the track to hear the automation in action it worked the first time but the track did not come back on when the mute was supposed to end. The next time I played the song the mute did not work at all. I tried to delete and do it again but it the same thing happened.

I stopped working at that point it was late and I can automate it in my console when I really mix it but it seems like a bug.

Anyone else see this problem?

Thanks, RD

I haven't created any new automated mute in's and outs in a native sonar 3.0 project yet, but all my existing automated mutes work properly in files created and moved over from 2.2 xl.

Good luck,

Q.

P.S. Piss the bass player off - yeah! (I have just finished re-tracking every song on an album to ghost a bad bass player :) I won't tell if you don't......)

As long as the envelope is a line (not dotted), you should be fine. Dotted line tells Sonar/HS that it should jump from one value to another.

Back