I Made It!!!!

d(-_-)b-Phones

the hurricane sucked, killed my studio, and my house, fema is fucking me and so is red cross..... BUT, I built a new webpage for my band www.theyoonparty.com
check it out and join the forums to show some support, this music is my only chance to build my studio back.

I missed this place. glad to be back.

Thought you might want to see a picture of me with whats left of my studio....
img_1.jpg

oh man, that sucks, but i'm glad that you're still OK and still making music. were you able to salvage anything at all from the studio? did you manage to move any equipment out before the hurricane?

I move all the guitars out... and an hd24 with some songs in progress.

but i lost my TAC36 channel console, protools rigs... all my bass rigs and guitar rigs... cables, all mics... everything... and my pres and destressors...
and... this is getting depressing... its all gone. got a couple acoustics i started with when i was young, and a couplke basses<<? so im back to recording on tapes, like casette tapes. got a good deal to do some co writing with dave fortman, he is producing evenesence and recording their 2nd album, but he is still sending me his project work, and its nothing like Ugly Kid Joe was, lol

Well, it can be looke at 2 ways..... it sucked.... or it sucked more...

Waiting on insurace is killing me, as of now everything is looking ok ( you know how insurance companies are ) but just seeing it everyday is somewhat of a heart break, i have it alot better than others, and i still have the music i made in that studio.

Its time to rebuild. And i have to let the past be just that.

d(-_-)b-Phones said:
Well, it can be looke at 2 ways..... it sucked.... or it sucked more...

Waiting on insurace is killing me, as of now everything is looking ok ( you know how insurance companies are ) but just seeing it everyday is somewhat of a heart break, i have it alot better than others, and i still have the music i made in that studio.

Its time to rebuild. And i have to let the past be just that.

Sorry for your loss. My little home project studio made it through Francis and Jeanne (2004) but we had nothing compared to this kind of devastation. Was the damage wind or flood? Did you have a separate flood policy?

That's so far beyond fucked up, it makes my head spin. There are no words my friend. I wish I could help.

Dude, I'm soo surprised you have such a good attitude about it. Sorry to hear and see your misfortune, but glad you are staying positive. Good luck man.

It was insured....

The mass of the damage around the coastal area was flood, but thats not to say there was no wind damage, wind damage was insane, but remember wind cant blow somthing down that is under water.

Fun fun.

Well looks like i MAY be ok, I did end up getting some insurance money. and I have started building again.

its hard tho because you see cases left and right where people are getting everything free, and churches do all the work and fema gives them a place to say. if there is one thing i learned from this ongoing shitty experience is that its all doable alone.

I cleaned my land alone. I framed my slab alone, I started bricks alone, I had the roof built, lol, I did walls, ceiling, wiring AC floors everything alone with the help of my friend aaron.

Its been like 7 months now.. and the new hurricane season is almost here. makes me kinda sick sometimes thinking about it. but well.... no buts it just makes me sick.

What I will do is take some pictures for you guys and post them in the studio reconstruction or home studio section.

thanks for still being around.

Back