I LOVE MY MR-8!!! Great possibility with a laptop! Seriously mobile studio!

I considered the very same application of the mr8. I've got a shoebox full of old cassettes of many past projects/bands, which I'd like to save for shits n giggles.

As for mr halo, I was not at all offended by his input, and his english is excellent. I've only met a few fins, but all of them were outstanding people.

As for my preconceptions of the MR8, I was slightly disappointed by its absence of mixing ability, I assumed it was more of a stand alone unit. As mr halo implied, I may have been swayed from my purchase had I known this and the price of extra Cf cards.

There are a lot of people who dispense with the formalities of polite conversation and get to the meat. I know several of these in the real world, and bluntness does save time. In my opinion, this is a place of learning, and learning is not always pretty or polite, even arguments can bear strange fruit! (no reference here to that forgotten and moved thread)

cellardweller said:
I considered the very same application of the mr8. I've got a shoebox full of old cassettes of many past projects/bands, which I'd like to save for shits n giggles.

Me too! The only sad thing is that my rhythm mostly sucks on those old tapes (I dunno, I was a human metronome as a youngin', but lack of practice and I lost it!).

cellardweller said:

As for my preconceptions of the MR8, I was slightly disappointed by its absence of mixing ability, I assumed it was more of a stand alone unit. As mr halo implied, I may have been swayed from my purchase had I known this and the price of extra Cf cards.

What exactly do you think the MR8 is lacking as a mixer? EQ?
What I think is incredible is that I can do chopping and splicing of sounds right on the MR8- Haven't tried it yet- but from the auto punch in (specifying a punch start and punch in stop region) to the copy and paste, I can set my DR550 to 168 BPM, record the breaks, then cut up and make new breaks right there. Again, I haven't done it yet, so I don't know if its a lot harder than doing it on a computer.

Back