I like envelopes

Jagular

Well...in doing mixes of my own guitar/vocal demos/scratch tracks, it was pretty much set the levels at the begining of the song and let it go. Petty simple mixing :D.

I just recently started to do quite a bit of vocal work for different folks (freebies ;)) and posting up more complicated mixes for them to listen to. Not much more complicated, but just enough where I had to "ride the faders" in a few spots on my vocal.

Never used envelopes before. Once I figured it out...WOW... is it nice. A lot better than that silly track automation nonsense that never seemed to do what I wanted it to do :p :D

I am converted :D

That is all...carry on :D

Jagular said:
A lot better than that silly track automation nonsense that never seemed to do what I wanted it to do :p :D
Seriously, you've been around this long and didn't know this? :eek: :eek:

Well, you learn something new every day! :D

Re: Re: I like envelopes

moskus said:
Seriously, you've been around this long and didn't know this? :eek: :eek:

Well, you learn something new every day! :D

Heh :D

I don't think PA9 had envelopes. I upgraded to Sonar a few months ago and since that time have only done very simple things and no need for the envelopes. Just simple whole track volume adjustments.

Of course I knew they were there from hanging around here ;). Just never got a chance to experience them until now :D

I love new discoveries (even if they are not so new) :D

Re: Re: Re: I like envelopes

Jagular said:

I don't think PA9 had envelopes.
Yeah, it did, for both volume and pan. Sonar added envelope support for FX (automated effects).

Regardless, welcome to the "I dun need no steenkin' Console View" club.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I like envelopes

dachay2tnr said:
Yeah, it did, for both volume and pan. Sonar added envelope support for FX (automated effects).

Regardless, welcome to the "I dun need no steenkin' Console View" club.

:o

:p

:D

I only stumbled across envelopes after opening one of the HS2002 demos last year. I saw a whole bunch of peculiar lines drawn across the tracks in one of the Tutorial files. I thought to myself: "Self, what on earth are those peculiar lines drawn across the tracks? And what do they do?"

Them's Envelopes and they's durned usefulness.

Somewhat more logical than using Velocities to control volume as I have previously done. I only started fiddling with envelopes earlier this week (see my post Envelopes And How To Lick Them).

This week has been a Live And Learn week.

--
BluesMeister

Re: Re: Re: Re: I like envelopes

dachay2tnr said:
welcome to the "I dun need no steenkin' Console View" club.
Maaaan, you guys are sore loosers. :p :D

Automatic Mute??

I had been using envelopes since my days with MusicCreator. I am now using Home Studio 2004XL and I notice some new envelopes that I don't recall seeing in MC.

The Automatic Mute?

Anone know what that is. I tried it last night but ut didn't do anything and I didn't have the time to chack the help file. Okay so call me lazy, but it was late.

The Automatic Mute? Anone know what that is.

Its automated mute, and it's just what it says. It allows you to mute selected portions of the Track, and unmute other sections.

Unlike most other evelopes, this one is either on or off.

dachay2tnr said:
Its automated mute, and it's just what it says. It allows you to mute selected portions of the Track, and unmute other sections.

Unlike most other evelopes, this one is either on or off.

Adding to dachay2tnr, if it is on or off.... basicalliy if the envelope is in the +, the track is muted, if it is in the -, the track isn't muted.

Porter

acidrock said:
I lick envelopes.

Did you hear about the guy who was sending out a number of letters.. he licked all the envelopes.... one of them cut his tongue... he was in hospital a few weeks later having a nest of Cockroaches removed from his tongue.... :eek:

Porter

Back