I just finished building my first guitar amp (pic)

Easto

Sorry, I just wanted to show off.

I purchased the kit from Guytronix. Although I had built a tube amp way back in High School it had been some time and I wanted something easy to get my feet wet. Anyway, I'm having a blast with it. I'm going to do their "V" mod and try and brighten it up a bit. It's a cranking 1/2 watt amp, lol. It breaks up very early. I can play it in the house late at night at a low volume and not disturb anyone.

Pics

On a related matter though not nearly as impressive or deserving of its own thread, I'm building an orange squeezer compressor right now. I've built a few things before. How much did the parts cost and how long did it take you to put it together?

ibanezrocks said:
How much did the parts cost and how long did it take you to put it together?

The prices are shown at the Guytronix site. I have a little bit of electronics background (I built a tube amp 35 years ago in High School) so things weren't quite that foreign to me. If you know what you're doing and feel comfortable it might take you anywhere from 6 hours to 2 days. I took my time and approached it like a hobby and took about 2 weeks. I would work on it whenever I felt like it.

-=¤willhaven¤=- said:
No tubes?! Blasphemer!
Yes, there are 2... 12AX7 Preamp and a 6N1P power tube. You can see the underside of the sockets in the pic.

Back