I just built my first DAW

jason_m.

...and I'm having some problems.

Firstly: I loaded my OS; XP pro. Then I started loading the drivers, I loaded my mobo CD first, that was pretty easy.

(scene missing) ...

aaanyway, I then tried to load my Delta 1010 driver CD, it wouldn't "autoplay" which I thought was weird. So I opened the folder and looked for the install icon in the XP folder, nothing in there, only some read me file, and a few other text only files. So I took a look at the driver manual, and there's no XP instructions, only 95, 98, 2000, ME, and NT (what is NT?)

So I take out the M-Audio driver disc and try my Linksys wireless G card driver CD, XP seems to try to "autoplay"/run the disc right away, but it's just a millisecond of a dark screen flashed on my monitor. Very strange. Needless to say; I couldn't seem to load this Driver CD either.

I'm thinking it's a windows problem. Is any of this ringing a bell in anyone's brain? Any HELP is much appreciated.

Jason

I just built my first car. I filled it up with fuel but it didn't start till the third try when it gave a loud backfire. Is this normal? Is it ringin any bells for anyone?

I don't know what's wrong with your system but you can just download the latest drivers from the M-Audio site

Perhaps auto play is disabled for some reason. Guess you could try this: Right click on the start button. Choose explore. Scroll down to your cd drive and right click on it. Choose properties. Then click on the auto play tab and make sure it's set to prompt me each time to choose an action.

At any rate you should be able to install the software on a CD even if it doesn't auto play. Worst case you and use the inf file to go into device manager and maunally install the drivers. My guess it there's some sort of executable on the CD though. Might not be called setup. Could be called pretty much anything with an exe extension since the autoplay.inf tells windows which program to run...

Back