I jus Ordered an mpc. what type of keyboard can i use?

SCI

sup people i jus ordered an mpc2000xl with a zip and 32mb. but what other equipment will i need to get it up and running and if i wanted to add a keyboard whats the best way to go about it? thx in advance. SCI....

Congrats on purchase cuz...

On the real... Save your money and focus in on learning the MPC.... Maybe buy a couple sound disks from SOUNDFORSAMPLERS.COM to get you good and started. Some drums and basses.... When you get a keyboard you'd wanna do it right... Unless you plan to drop another 5+ bones you'd be wasting your time and you still don't even know dick about the MPC yet (unless i'm mistaken). Just get that piece and freak the pads asa stand alone beat box for 6-8 months and when you got that down then you probably won't even be concerned with keys.

Peace.....

thx for the advice man ima do that in these first 6-8months will i beable to make proper beats if i learn the ins an outs n shit. is it complicated to use aswell?

you'll be alright... Just get your basics down a peep all the in and outs in the first few weeks. then just do what the box does best... Drums.... When you get those down then make a move to the next spot on...

You should run with the knowledge what Lazi dropped on ya. And MPC-Tutor is a must. You should also check www.mpc2k.com and www.synthzone.com.

Now, If you already have serious skills on the keys, then you may wanna cop one right now. If you don't, then you'll have two tough learning assignments. The MPC is an amazing and powerful tool to learn all by itself.

If you don't have anything, you may want a small mixer and some sound monitors and headphones. If you are gonna record vocals too, you may wanna cop a mic after you become proficient with the MPC.

Good luck.

homershines

for phat drum sounds and samples
contact me at homershines@yahoo.c_om

i got a rode nt1 mic and a mixer and a soundcard for recording vocal so is it possible to save the beat in mp3 formaty so i can record over it. i assume it is.

Yeah. You can record and save your beats in the computer in a DAW program and save them as MP3 files and sample/record them if you want. But, I suggest that you record your vocals and your MPC tracks to the computer for mixing and editing. Then save the master mix as a WAV file and MP3 file.

Good luck.

Peace.

homershines

for phat drum sounds & samples
contact me at homershines@yahoo.c_om

Back