I jus got an mpc can u help me out please.

SCI

i jus got an mpc 2000xl and its my first time using one. i got an mpc2000xl with 32mb ram and a zip drive. but i dont have a zip to my pc do i think i need to get one. then do i put the samples on these zips and load them up on the mpc? how many samples does the mpc save on its memory? also once i have learned to make a track what do i need to save the completed beat and get it in mp3 format on the pc? can i save the full beat to a zip and put it on the pc?. any help and advice would be much appreciated.

jus got an mpc 2000xl and its my first time using one. i got an mpc2000xl with 32mb ram and a zip drive. but i dont have a zip to my pc do i think i need to get one. then do i put the samples on these zips and load them up on the mpc? how many samples does the mpc save on its memory? also once i have learned to make a track what do i need to save the completed beat and get it in mp3 format on the pc? can i save the full beat to a zip and put it on the pc?. any help and advice would be much appreciated.

You can either get a zip drive for you computer or hook that zip drive up to your computer. The second way is what i'd personally do... You will need a SCSI card for your computer. You will fuck something up if you hook it up to the parallel port. But thats the best way cuz you can just save st8 to zip disk then open the files up with yourMPC. No drive swapping and all that...

32MBs can hold way more samples than you will ever need. 32MB and a sip drive... Don't worry about space worry about organizing.

Steps you want to do to save a beat... You want to assign the MPC to see SCSI5, hit open window then create a new folder. I name the folder and the beat the same thing. You can hit copy and then paste the name into the next steps. Now you want to go into that folder and save a ALL (all of the sequences) and aAPS (all prgrams and sounds). If you plan to use you computer then you should save the files ass wave instead of .snd. This will give you everything you'd need inside a nice new folder.

Any other questions... Use these links....

http://mpc-tutor.com
http://mpc2000xl.com/
something about a mpc something else

Other than that you'd do best to just sit there and play with it for 2 weeks str8. Least that's how I learned it...

thanx for the help but im stuck again. i got a zip and i started loading up samples and after i put in a few samples when i try to open another one up it says not enuff memory why is this happening cos it says u can have 256sound samples in at once?

Back